1/72 Verlinden resin base question

Brian J

Would anybody out there know any details about the 1/72 Verlinden resin base VPI1466 'USAAF WWII Service Area?' Are the details, e.g. boxes, barrels, wing tanks, etc. separate pieces and is the area on which the aircraft would sit represented by wooden planks, like their Luffwaffe resin base, or is it Marsden matting? Details before potential purchase would be welcomed.

Would anybody out there know any details about the 1/72 Verlinden resin base VPI1466 'USAAF WWII Service Area?' Are the details, e.g. boxes, barrels, wing tanks, etc. separate pieces and is the area on which the aircraft would sit represented by wooden planks, like their Luffwaffe resin base, or is it Marsden matting? Details before potential purchase would be welcomed.

Most of the equipment is cast as part of the base (fuel tanks, drums, tool kits, buckets etc.), with the exception of 4 drums and several boxes which are separate parts. The surface is Marsden matting, and the whole thing is quite nicely cast.

Hope This Helps,

Tom

Thanks for the quick, informative response. I couldn't find a detailed close up of the parking area and was afraid it was wood planking. I sure wish there was more available resin ground equipment in 72nd scale. By the way, may I ask where you're from in Canada and where you may have purchased (if you did) that Verlinden resin set?

Hi Brian,

I'm in New Westminster, and bought the Verlinden set from Burnaby Hobbies, about 4-5 years ago. I haven't seen it around for awhile, so I don't know whether it's still available.

Regards,

Tom

By the way, I just noticed that we joined Britmodeller on the same day.

Edited by Doolie