1/12 Airfix Bentley

wkennerley

This year I really need to get a KUTA finished, so I will concentrate on the 1/12 Airfix Bentley, started about 2 years ago - especially now that I have a cabinet I can put the finished model into.

DSCF1295.jpg

DSCF1297.jpg

Edited by wkennerley

Looks great. BTW, do you know where I can get the 1:1 version of your avatar? LOL Talk about something to unwrap on Christmas morning!

• 3 weeks later...

YES!! It is finally finished - I decided not to go with the Union Jacks on body or the radiator '8' even though I put the '8' on the tail. Looks very nice and I am happy to have completed it, some three years after starting it!

Wayne

1-12AirfixBentleycompleted1201152.jpg

1-12AirfixBentleycompleted1201153.jpg

1-12AirfixBentleycompleted1201154.jpg

1-12AirfixBentleycompleted1201156.jpg

1-12AirfixBentleycompleted1201155.jpg

1-12AirfixBentleycompleted120115.jpg

Lovely Model Wayne, very inspireing. I have the kit in the loft must be thirty years old now, after seeing this I'm going to build it this year though the decals are probably shot.

Stuart

..... though the decals are probably shot.

Stuart

Yea my decals were stuffed, I hand painted the '8' on the tail but made a mess of it, decided against trying to do it on the radiator matrix, I did try cut out a mask but it did not work well

Wayne

Thats a fabulous looking Bentley, Well Built and finished. :)

Thanks very much

Edited by wkennerley

You guys realise this kit is in the 2012 Airfix release list? Shouldn't be too much trouble getting hold of new decals and a near side front wheel spinner maybe? (!!) Really like the leather seat covers though - How did you do that?

Simon

... and a near side front wheel spinner maybe? (!!) Really like the leather seat covers though - How did you do that?

Simon

Damn did not even notice the spinner was missing, reckon its long gone now - will check the shed tomorrow

As to the seats, did the following - Coat of humbrol 3 then a coat of humbrol 49 matt varnish. drybrushed with humbrol 120 and citadel bestial brown, citadel green ink was then run into the grooves.

Wayne

Damn did not even notice the spinner was missing, reckon its long gone now - will check the shed tomorrow

As to the seats, did the following - Coat of humbrol 3 then a coat of humbrol 49 matt varnish. drybrushed with humbrol 120 and citadel bestial brown, citadel green ink was then run into the grooves.

Wayne

The spinner you have on the spare wheel should be on the road wheel. The spare wheel has a different part attached to the hub - a simple disc with a bar running across it.

Bentleyspare.jpg

Should be easy to scratchbuild.

The spinner you have on the spare wheel should be on the road wheel. The spare wheel has a different part attached to the hub - a simple disc with a bar running across it.

Bentleyspare.jpg

Should be easy to scratchbuild.

Ah I know whats happened, I stuck the wrong wheel on the spare - I have the disc with bar - Thanks

Wayne

Ah I know whats happened, I stuck the wrong wheel on the spare - I have the disc with bar - Thanks

Wayne

Happy to help - that's what this place is for!