GB Chat

AnonymousDFB1

Thanks. Any two bits glued together, but paintwork only doesn't count? My SBD is, annoyingly, still AWOL but I've discovered I can salvage the build in time for the GB by swapping out two one-part sprues between it and my otherwise-identical A-24 Banshee, then using the started Dauntless as the A-24 whenever it resurfaces. However, the only work done on the A-24 kit so far is a coat of paint on the interior... Since finishing a USN subject during the centennial year was a big motivatior for my joining in the first place, I've decided to do an Academy F-14 Tomcat that's been started for years. I'll add the Dauntless if you do allow it and the Kittyhawk (and/or the A-17) if the Tomcat build goes reasonably quickly.

I am going to jump in on this one if I may, I have 9 and no your mince pies are not deceiving you 9 kits that I would like to finish in this GB! I will post a build thread in the next 24 as I have started 3 weeks leave from AD 16/12/11 'til FP 09/01/12, so no excuses!!

Edited by Acky190

Count me in!

I have a structurally complete Trumpy MiG 3 (early) from a couple of years ago. I've started the paint job, so piccies this weekend.

My aim is to complete before 2012 so I can include it in the Year book.

Trevor

*Edit*

Now with added pix

96c30225.jpg

337d7897.jpg

5cbf49bb.jpg

This is a lovely kit, can't imagine why I ground to a halt on it. Apart from the wing root intakes, this is a shake-n-bake kit. From what little I've seen of reviews, it appears to be well thought of.

Anyone else here built one?

Trevor (again)

Edited by Max Headroom

• 2 weeks later...

Think i might ask if i can join this with my airfix mozzie, its eligable, started in August, been sat for about 2 months, just started it up again last night.

This will also be my first GB so its a good place to start, especially as i have the impetus and time with new years hols starting on friday evening.

Is it okay if i complete my Mozzie build thread in here?

I have a thread about it in the WIP aircraft section, and wouldnt want to double up if thats not allowed?

Can the thread be transfered to the GB thread, as a "Last time on BM" etc? lol

at least it might mean i have a completed Mozzie to take to the Aberdeen meet and show Jacksdad ;-)

I'll enter with this one that is haunting my desk for years, it's time to let him know who's the boss here.

AlbDVII_02.jpg

It's the Sierra Albatros C.VII started years ago. Main work done at the moment: fuselage adjusted in plan view to the drawings in the datafile and some thin balsa glued to the under side of the wings to better the profile. I would like to have the fuselage closed by the end of the week! (This week!).

Carlos

• 1 month later...