1/48th Hawker Hunter from Italeri

rod mcq

That is something unexpected !!!

Now if this will become true, I'd not be surprised to see a rebox of the Academy kit, as Italeri has collaborated with them recently reboxing some stuff (and with academy reboxing some italeri designed kits).

Of course if it's all new, I'll be happy to be proven wrong !

If it were a new tool then it would surely be more expensive than an RRp of 24.99?

The new Italeri Hurricane has an RRP of 29.99 doesn't it? And there's quite a bit less plastic in a Hurricane kit.

rest assured lads, and I quote,

"The Italeri Hawker Hunter FGA6/FGA9 RAF Model Kit in 1/48 scale from the plastic aircraft model range accurately recreates the real life British jet-propelled fighter aircraft."

sorted then :)

even if it is the Academy model - its better to have it back at this price than not around but on e-bay. We all know the problems of the Academy model - and there are plenty of solutions available.

Jonners

I wonder whats the pilot is firing his rockets at BTW?

Interesting. Nothing at the Italeri website at all; in fact, the only other mention I can find on the web is at the Faller website.

If this is the Academy kit, it will at least give our pal John Adams some more business! If it's all new - that's a pretty reasonable price I think, compared to some recent Italeri releases.

I suppose we shall find out more in due course.

I have had a bit more unconfirmed info re this item ....it is looking like the Academy kit +......should get full info tomorrow ..I will post as soon as I have the correct information ...it seems to have caught everyone out by its sudden announcement and arrival time :o :o

Regards Trevor ... :D

Interesting....I'd lay a few quid on this being the Academy kit ...warts and all! If so , its a shame Aeroclub's detail set doesn't seem to be available any more. Its interesting thats its happening so quick.....I wonder why??? IF it is a new tool I suspect that Italeri would have announced it sooner...but we shall see!

And ..it will be interesting to see how well this kit sells especially in light of the speculation on the Airfix threads elsewhere on here.

I wonder, does Italeri's Market Research differ from that of Revell's OR more importantly given the other threads...Airfix's????!

Another one to add to the Christmas list.

As least the decals should be great, any idea what markings are in the kit?

I can 45Sqn markings on the box art.

Shaun.

Something like this Shaun maybe....!

fga92.jpg

I suspect that the F6A may be in 79 Sqn markings.........just a hunch...

I wonder, does Italeri's Market Research differ from that of Revell's OR more importantly given the other threads...Airfix's????!

The investments required for a rebox are quite limited, this will need much lower sale numbers to be profitable compared with the development of a brand new kit. Especially if it's part of a broader deal to rebox a number of subjects.

The investments required for a rebox are quite limited, this will need much lower sale numbers to be profitable compared with the development of a brand new kit. Especially if it's part of a broader deal to rebox a number of subjects.

Indeed, but my point was why now? Why issue a kit with basically two weeks notice? Its not in the Italeri Catalogue, Its not even on their website, thats a bit strange - even for this industry.

New tool or Academy rebox, great to see it. As Jonners said, it's at a realistic price and available from reputable LHS so another kit on the rapidly increasing Christmas/New Year list.

Cue whinge from Mrs Rogers, 'You're not getting another model are you, you've already got some?'. Still don't think she understands! :lol:

Italeri must have seen a market need to release this Hunter or perhaps they know something we don't so are trying to get in first. Even if Airfix was to release an Hunter it would not be on the shelves till 2013 going by their recent releases.

If it's worth anything I would not be surprised to see a 1/48 version coming from Germany.

Robert