Spray-craft

Phil Reeder

I`ve just bought a Spray-craft SP50K Airbrush set ,and it doesn`t include an adaptor for a Revell Compressor,only an air hose for an aerosol can.Ive contacted the company and they are sending what they think will work.Has anybody had experience of these A/Bs? I never heard of them before.

Thanks Phil

Spraycradt are marketed by Shesto, most of the brushes appear to be re-badged testors or sparmax brushes.

I suspect the one you have is a modified sparmax sp-575.

Quality is ok, should be ok for learning and area work.

Looks more like the Fengda Bida BD-182 in the picture. Sparmax airbrushes are a lot better than the average Fengda, even if the mainland chinese are picking up.

The packaging is somewhat reminiscent of Revell (re-boxed T&C/Badger), but the brush itself looks suspiciously like a Fengda BD-182. Your Revell compressor will most likely have a 1/4" outlet & possibly a 1/4" to Badger adaptor (M5x0.45), where the airbrush looks to be 1/8" throughout.

If the airbrush is a regular BD-182, quality seems to vary slightly - most are fine, but there do seem to be occasional issues with the nozzle threads.

Thanks for the Replies fellas,

With a bit of improvisation I`ve managed to get the thing working,and sprayed some matt varnish with it,and I`m very happy with the result.Only then did I look in the box and found an adaptor taped to some cardboard!! Theres no fool like an old fool ,ME !

In shame Phil

The packaging is somewhat reminiscent of Revell (re-boxed T&C/Badger), but the brush itself looks suspiciously like a Fengda BD-182. Your Revell compressor will most likely have a 1/4" outlet & possibly a 1/4" to Badger adaptor (M5x0.45), where the airbrush looks to be 1/8" throughout.

If the airbrush is a regular BD-182, quality seems to vary slightly - most are fine, but there do seem to be occasional issues with the nozzle threads.

Looking at the photos it could be either and there are a lot of variants of the 182 around around.

But I would expect Shesto to go for the better quality brush.

Looking at the photos it could be either and there are a lot of variants of the 182 around around.

But I would expect Shesto to go for the better quality brush.

I was thinking much the same myself.

Regardless of weather it's a Fengda product or not, it' got me wondering if Fengda grade their products at the QC stage, or if better quality parts are fitted dependant on where the brushes are going to end up.

The reviews for these products vary dramatically, but most of the iffy ones seem to focus on poorly finished needles & nozzles, the fundamentals of the products being OK, I don't suppose it would be any great shakes to fit a couple of better components here - possibly one of the reasons for the varied reviews................

I was thinking much the same myself.

Regardless of weather it's a Fengda product or not, it' got me wondering if Fengda grade their products at the QC stage, or if better quality parts are fitted dependant on where the brushes are going to end up.

The reviews for these products vary dramatically, but most of the iffy ones seem to focus on poorly finished needles & nozzles, the fundamentals of the products being OK, I don't suppose it would be any great shakes to fit a couple of better components here - possibly one of the reasons for the varied reviews................

The real problem is that the Fengda airbrushes has rubber o-rings in places where the original Olympos/Iwata or Badger doesn't. This makes it hard to substitute the crappy parts with ones of higher quality.

In my honest opinion, it is better to spend your money on the less known japanese brands, like Rich or Meiji. They can sometimes be found at very good prices, and are of very good quality. Great Art used to have Rich at a decent pricing, but now they have gone up again.