Mustang Gallery

Hi All Just some of my old Mustang Builds sorry about the small prints they are from old photo`s

scan0001-4.jpgscan0004.jpgb0ec38a2_489794.jpgb0ec38a2_489794.jpgModelShow2008009.jpgModelShow2008003.jpgModelShow2008006.jpg

Hope you like them

wellzy :headphones:

Edited by wellzy

At the top of this thread, I like the B model with the checker tail. But, the main undercarriage door is back to front and on the wrong side. Sorry but needs to be pointed out . Still a very nice diorama nevertheless.

I may have to set about photographing all my Mustangs like I did with my P-47s.

Edited by Paul J

Very nice Rowan, different scheme to. Markings done by yourself?

Dave

Thank you. No the markings were aftermarket, I don't have the equipment nor skill to make my own. The sheet was SuperScale Decals 48-1137.

At the top of this thread, I like the B model with the checker tail. But, the main undercarriage dorr is back to front and on thew wrong side. Sorry but needs to be pointed out . Still a very nice dioramd nevertheless.

I may have to set about photographing all my Mustangs like I did with my P-47s

I know It was a rush job ,it has been put right now ,Glad you like it

wellzy :headphones:

Built earlier this year - hence I've run out of P-51's

1/48 Tamiya P-51D

011.jpg

1/48 ICM P-51B

019.jpg

1/48 ICM P-51C

024.jpg

1/48 Acc Min P-51

027.jpg

Andy

Edited by AndyC

IMG_4016.jpg

The above is one of my 20 built 1/72 models of the lovely P-51. If all of you can bear it, I 'll post piccies up of the others that I have and of the 1/48th ones.

Edited by Paul J

P-51 Mustang in "Razzle-Dazzle" camouflage (Academy, 1/72):

667.jpg

P-51C-10 Mustang "Ina The Macon Belle" (Revell 1/72):

770.jpg

P-51C Mustang Mk.III flown by S/Ldr E. Horbaczewski (vacu JMK 1/72, finished about 20 years ago):

306.jpg

P-51C Mustang Mk.III flown by S/Ldr E. Horbaczewski (Revell 1/72):

632.jpg

P-51C Mustang Mk.III flown by W/Cdr S. Skalski (HobbyBoss 1/72):

957.jpg

P-51D-20 Mustang "Big Beautiful Doll" flown by Col. John D. Landers (Tamiya 1/72):

690.jpg

This was about where I was in 2009, and I've built another 3 or 4 since then and have another 2 on the go at present, with about another dozen still to go.

P5240071-1.jpg

Hi All.

Part 2 of my previous P-51 Mustang builds. All 1/72nd.

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

One of my very early builds still in existence. Its the 2nd incarnation of the Airfix kit when they introduced rivet detail. Also somewhere the prop is around that I must look for. The first one had very heavy raised detail for the controls and no rivets for example. I also added the fin fillet! The model above has Almark decals for a RNZAF squadron whose number I've forgotten but I'm sure our NZ members will comment.

IMG_4157.jpg

The Hasegawa kit from the early 70's. Microscale decals. Note that the carrier film has yellowed. I built this back in the 70s around 71-72 I think. The pilot of Jersey Jerk I met at Duxford Legends a couple of years ago.

IMG_4152.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

Another Hasegawa kit. No mods done apart from trying to eradicate the coarse fabric of the elevators. I like this earlier Hase kit as it has deeper wheel bays than the newer retool that had shallower bays. But at least not the sack cloth rudder/elevators. Decals from the Airfix retool P-51D of around the 70's.

IMG_4159.jpg

Hasegawa kit again and decals from the newer tool. An original hasegawa kit but rescribed surface details.

IMG_4155.jpg

Hasegawa and Microscale decals. By now I started to try and improve my models and rescribed the panel lines and engine cover rivets on this older tool Hasegawa kit too.

IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

Older Hasegawa kit and Aeromaster decals. The unshrouded exhaust units were from the Revell kit. I cut away the kit exhausts to make way for these. I also carried out similar operations on a couple of the other D's seen here but gave them better shrouded stacks.

IMG_4154.jpg

Newer tooling of Hasegawa kit and its decals. Might refurb this one sometime.

IMG_4156.jpg

OK, OK, another 'BBD'!Yawn!! Tamiya kit and decals.

IMG_4160.jpg

Now to earlier variants. Italeri Kit and decals.

IMG_4164.jpg

Revell kit, Techmod decals, and Squadron vacform canopy. The Squadron canopies are designed to fit the Hasegawa P-51B kits, but I adapted them to fit the Revell ones.

IMG_4163.jpg

Academy kit and decals.

IMG_4162.jpg

Revell kit and decals.

IMG_4161.jpg

Revell kit. I don't recall the source for these decals but I think were from the Academy kit?

IMG_4165.jpg

Revell kit and Techmod decals. Incidentally, all my Revell kits have had the Malcolm canopies replaced by vac form ones by Squadron(Falcon).

IMG_4166.jpg

Airfix P-51 B!!! Decals all from Modeldecal generic sets. The Malcolm hood is from the Monogram kit that was going spare. It depicts 129 Squdron that flew in companion with 306 and 315 s(Polish) squadrons from my local historic ALG of Coolham!

IMG_4167.jpg

And finally(for now) the Polish wing!

Edited by Paul J

• 2 weeks later...

HI All,

More of my previous builds. But this time in 1/48th. so here goes:

IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

The above two pics are of the Accurate Miniatures A-36 Invader.

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_4335.jpg

Tamiya Mustang III.

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg

Note the 'maps' tucked under the windscreen!

IMG_4332.jpg

Tamiya P-51D. Eagle Strike decals. I was fortunate to have had my copy of The Mighty Eighth in Colour with me at 'Legends, Duxford a few years ago and met the pilot of this subject. Frank Oiler also flew P-47D 'Eileen' by the way. The bottom photo shows myself getting my book signed by him and the photo from the book illustrating his signature.

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4337.jpg

IMG_4338.jpg

ICM kit of the P-51K issue.(Note the prop!) Decals from the kit and from the Tamiya one where they were better!

IMG_4339.jpg

IMG_4340.jpg

Another ICM kit but backdated to the earlier filletless D as flown by George Preddy. The decals are by Mike Grant.