Last minute Dak - Touchdown!

Kev1n

Kev67 took the words out my mouth this looks excellent, I tried painting a metal finish and was really happy with how it came out but yours looks that extra bit special so may also be tempted to try this on another bare metal airliner. Good luck with finishing her off in time at the rate you've been going shouldn't be a problem for you.

Cheers

Graham

Like others have said would be very interested in a "how to" aswell.

hmmm....ok then - I'll get the model done tonight and tomorrow (tonight hopefully) and give some thought to the BMF thingy....

I'll have a look in the tips n tricks forum first to see if anybody else has done something similar

Thank you for flying American Airlines.....

DouglasDC3_39_AA_complete9.jpg

I'd like to add some extra detail to the engine behind the cylinders but not being a Dak expert I have no idea what goes there - anybody got any pics I can look at?

Otherwise - it's done :)

by the way......

Just as an example of one of the issues that all minicraft kits have is the way they over-attach things to the sprue....this is 1/144 scale remember, so the props are small.

And fragile.....still - I managed ok and didnt break any.....but it's a really reaLLY dumb way of attaching such small parts to a sprue....imho obvo :)

DouglasDC3_30a_AA_propsonsprue1.jpg

oh, and the decals for the trailing edges of the wings and fin didnt fit particularly well either, so I'll probably need to to a bit of extra work on them.

But...it IS a minicraft kit....

more pics in the completed builds gallery

it could be a little tidier here and there so I guess I'll do some remedial work at some point but thanks for the kind comments

as for the speed, fortunately there weren't any big issues to hold it up, which helps :)