Italeri 1/24 FFR Landrover

havoc

Hello all,

First posty on the forum and my first airbrush job. Its Italeri's FFR Landrover 109. Shame it has no soft top as would have been identical to the one I had in the Signals.

Bit about me, been messing about with kits for 30 years now. As mentioned this is my first airbrush job along with an AFV Club Flak 18 and an AFV Club Churchill in 1/35.

Im up for some advice and constructive crit on the FFR, will post up the other two when i get time.

Im having trouble uploading photos onto the post so have put them in photobucket, please do have a peak and let me know what you think, Photo bucket.

Thanks for looking,

Clive.

Thanks Mark, thats great !!!! Very kind of you. Yes they have released it a while back, an old Esci kit if i remember correctly. Its the only one I could find that was near enough to the one I served with, so was over the moon when I found it.

Wasnt too bad a kit to do, a little filling here and there, but on the whole not bad at all.

:D

Hi Havoc

Nice to see how your Landy came out as I have a few at 1/24 to build too including a couple of these. Like the paint job on it too. Only crit that I would add is the number plate to the rear which should be black with white numbers as well

KC

There are soft tops out there too but you can pay a premium even though it is very much the same body shell etc. I was lucky enough to have a soft top donated to me for chopping to short wheelbase to let me build my 1/24 Lightwight.

I have a soft top and station wagon kits that I am going to build up as Army kit. I may well attempt an ambulance conversion using the 1/35 scale kit as the basis for scaling up the body work to 1/24.

Any plans to do any more Landies? Have you also seen the KFS range of military 1/24 kits including a Bedford MK 4 tonner?

Hope to see more

All the best

Nige

Hi Nige,

Thanks for the post and details. Yes My one was black and white on the rear but i was unsure where i could get these from. Unfortunatley I struggle to paint fine detail due to a past injury, even the diff lock and low/high ratio levers were a mission in themselves lol.

I will have a look at the kits you metioned. Im looking at getting the WOLF next possibly, thats after the Beaufighter im attempting.

Thanks again Nige, very much appreciated.

Clive

Thanks Mark, thats great !!!! Very kind of you. Yes they have released it a while back, an old Esci kit if i remember correctly. Its the only one I could find that was near enough to the one I served with, so was over the moon when I found it.

Wasnt too bad a kit to do, a little filling here and there, but on the whole not bad at all.

my pleasure

Hello Mate

you have made a nice model of the Land rover. looks good. dont forget the fuel filler on military land rovers were under the seat.civi vehs had the filler at the rear. some mil land rovers had these but mainley white fleet.

looking forward to your future builds

Terry

Hello Mate

you have made a nice model of the Land rover. looks good. dont forget the fuel filler on military land rovers were under the seat.civi vehs had the filler at the rear. some mil land rovers had these but mainley white fleet.

looking forward to your future builds

Terry

Hello Terry,

Yes you are bang on with the filler, To be honest i had forgotten to fill it in. I remember the smell of fuel well with the seat tanks lol. Many an exercise in these.

Cheers,

Clive.

• Like 1

From one ex Scaley to another well done mate, thats a lovely Rover. The weathering is just as I remember it, especially in the back but you must have been at a `posher' unit than me as I only remember painting the old petrol jobbies with a crusty old brush using the even crustier tins of paint from the paint locker at the back of the garages! I never had a wagon spray painted until the diesel Landy 110`s came in!!

I was at 244 (AS) Sig Sqn `The Red Hand Gang' at Brize, 249 (AMFL) Sig Sqn at Bulford (for my sins, with Taff George as SSM....the biggest bumbum in NATO bar none!) and finally 19 Mech Bde HQ & Sig Sqn at Catterick until I left in 1994. Before joining the Sigs I was a Para trained Medic at Aldershot.....but that as they say is another story! It is funny how there are quite a few ex Signals lads on Britmodeller.

Anyway, congratulations on the Landy, it looks fab,

Cheers

Tony O

Cheers Tony for the comments.. Much appreciated and glad you like it !!

I was ex 45 Squad. Only Part time im afraid. I was looking at traing to be attached to 10 para, but some nasty bits happened and things didnt progress how i would have liked. So I stayed at Prittlewell did Catterick for my sins lol, then a trip or two to Bassingbourn then left around 1994 as well.

Yeah there does seem to be a few scaleys here. Strange to have the same past time. But also good lol.

All the best mate and thanks again,

Clive.

• 3 weeks later...
...a little filling here and there..

Filling? On a Land Rover? But the gaps are part of it!

I'm a sucker for a Landy and this one's great! Reminds me of my first one, an ex Rhein army 109 GS.. Loved it to bit. Wasn't allowed to take it with me to South Africa though.

I miss that car..

Yeah they are great !!! I had one very similar to the one i have done above when in the Royal Sigs, they loved the thing so much I purchased a Series 3 109 myself. Cracking vehicles. I would love another but i dont think the wife would be too impressed lol.

Yeah they are great !!! I had one very similar to the one i have done above when in the Royal Sigs, they loved the thing so much I purchased a Series 3 109 myself. Cracking vehicles. I would love another but i dont think the wife would be too impressed lol.

The love for Landies lasted longer than the love for her.. The current missus loves the 110 we've got now though. Unfortunately the only ex military ones that are available down here in SA are utterly, utterly knackered SADF bangers.

A landy is a landy mate. Doesnt matter what colour they are, they are all superb. I have my eye on an old early series 2 swb in the next street. Its in bits but i may try and convince the missue its worth an offer lol.