Freightdog Models Westland Wasp

mick b

yeah, It's time for a new one now. Prices around £90 at Fleabay (if there were any) for the Airwaves conversion are not acceptable anymore. Hope for HMS Endurance decals.

Edited by troschi

Thanks everyone, esp Mick for bringing the subject up.

The Wasp will be due out some time first half of next year. I would try to get it out earlier, but I don't particularly want to compromise and do a half-hearted job (I have exams in January, so I really need to pass these or I'll be in trouble). What I can say is that the Wasp we had on show was a second generation mock-up, currently without engine and rotors AND most importantly, totally free of any Airfix bits. We plan on doing an initial release of both a Wasp and Scout in some very special Falklands anniversary schemes, followed by 'standard' RN versions and 'overseas' users. I have been working on this for over two years and have spent a huge amount of time measuring two of the real things. We plan on having full interior, along with some special bits and bobs you wouldn't find in your average kit. I'll keep you informed as much as possible, but can tell you now, it will be worth the wait.

Cheers

Jon

• Like 6

I would try to get it out earlier, but I don't particularly want to compromise and do a half-hearted job

I applaud that attitude! :thumbsup:

I'll keep you informed as much as possible, but can tell you now, it will be worth the wait.

Okay. You've convinced me. Pencil me in for one! :D

followed by 'standard' RN versions and 'overseas' users. I'll keep you informed as much as possible, but can tell you now, it will be worth the wait.

Cheers

Jon

One of the 'overseas' users being the RNZN, yes??? PLEASE !!!! :D :D :D

Sorry, couldn't find the smiley for obsequious grovelling. :lol:

Steve.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
..................ss these or I'll be in trouble). What I can say is that the Wasp we had on show was a second generation mock-up, currently without engine and rotors AND most importantly, totally free of any Airfix bits. We plan on doing an initial release of both a Wasp and Scout in some very special Falklands anniversary schemes............. can tell you now, it will be worth the wait.

Cheers

Jon

Shame about the midget scale. Given that the only previous 1/48 Scout/Wasp (by Fujimi) was out-of-scale it would have been very gratifying to have a proper 1/48 job for those Falklands War models.

Tony

• 10 months later...

yeah, depressing, I was watching, purely out of interest mind :winkgrin: one that was in fact listed as an Aeroclub one, went for £72.00. Nuts :mental:

Steve.

So you think I should sell my complete kit for around £70 then? ;)

Masters have progressed, all that remains is finishing the engine and glazings. We may have a mock up (from the completed masters) on show, with release date by Jan/Feb next year.

Colin

So you think I should sell my complete kit for around £70 then? ;)

Masters have progressed, all that remains is finishing the engine and glazings. We may have a mock up (from the completed masters) on show, with release date by Jan/Feb next year.

Colin

Will we we get a WE177 with this as well?

Selwyn (asking hopefully!)

Hi Colin

That is the best news I've heard in ages (progress, not the £70 bit!). I'll certainly be saving the pennies until they're available.

G

Hopefully £70 will get you two! jon and I are both looking forward to getting it finished, its been going on a bit too long now but there is a light at tthe end of the tunnel...

Colin

Thanks everyone, esp Mick for bringing the subject up.

The Wasp will be due out some time first half of next year. I would try to get it out earlier, but I don't particularly want to compromise and do a half-hearted job (I have exams in January, so I really need to pass these or I'll be in trouble). What I can say is that the Wasp we had on show was a second generation mock-up, currently without engine and rotors AND most importantly, totally free of any Airfix bits. We plan on doing an initial release of both a Wasp and Scout in some very special Falklands anniversary schemes, followed by 'standard' RN versions and 'overseas' users. I have been working on this for over two years and have spent a huge amount of time measuring two of the real things. We plan on having full interior, along with some special bits and bobs you wouldn't find in your average kit. I'll keep you informed as much as possible, but can tell you now, it will be worth the wait.

Cheers

Jon

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited! I just started doing UK helicopters, and was lamenting to myself the lack of any currentish kits for either the Wasp or the Scout. Huzzah!

Hi Colin

That is the best news I've heard in ages (progress, not the £70 bit!). I'll certainly be saving the pennies until they're available.

G

Yes saw the mock up at Telford put one down for me. Regards Len