Wood Grain Decals by HGW

JackFlash

Greetings all,

Jan Bobek of HGW has been releasing beau coup detail parts for aviation subjects for over a year and a half. I picked up some of his Wood Grain Decals and had a go. The sets I tried first were for the Eduard or Blue Max 1:48 Austro - Hungarian Albatros D.III (Oeffag). While good decals overall I highly suggest a clear coat before using them.

84150.044.jpg

Wood grain decal review here.

The 1:48 Austro-Hungarian Sworl Camouflage is by Piotr at Mirage. Very decent decals too by the way.

Sworl Decal review here.

Edited by JackFlash

Well went for the old fashion way with mine, and used oil paint streaked over sandcolor. This is how far I got untill now:

P1040091.JPG

Yours looks great!! Got a message todat from HGW decals, they gonna send me a new sheet. I will probably use it on mu weekend edition I received today.

Adding bottom wings was most difficult part so, very flimsy!

Cheers, Nico (who's finally again on a WW1 course after many 1930's biplanes :-)

Edited by Nico Teunissen

Thanks for sharing examples of your work, Jack -

They are all superb - I especially like the battle damaged ones - great work. I was reading your profile - I am probably going to seem really stupid asking this - but what is a 'federal corrections officer' ? Sounds a really interesting line of work!

Epeeman

Thanks for sharing examples of your work, Jack -

They are all superb - I especially like the battle damaged ones - great work. I was reading your profile - I am probably going to seem really stupid asking this - but what is a 'federal corrections officer' ? Sounds a really interesting line of work!

Epeeman

Its a National Govt Prison guard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

No worries Andy, Just to mention how I did it. I find that if you clear coat the decal and use it within 16-20 hours of spraying the top coat they work very well. Micro Sol tends to soften the decal. If the lacquer top coat is not fully cured it works like a charm. B)

Edited by JackFlash

• 2 weeks later...