Enter the Demon King

John Aero

I am 70 next year and my delightful Clare tries to protect me from myself the Baffin etc would be too big for my moulding machines, so they would have to be Vacs (now that will frighten the buggers away :lol: )

John

John

That looks absolutely wonderful

I will buy at least three (being a greedy so and so)

Well done , glad to see such a fine aircraft make it to 1/48 scale thanks to you

Now i know i'm being pushy and probably silly in a lot of peoples eyes, AND i know your busy, worn out etc etc, but mate,

Any chance at all of a 1/48 Blackburn Blackburn, or maybe a Baffin ?

I live in hope

Cheers

Norm

Jon

I'm still playing with ideas for this one. I'll see what comes up in due course.

Cheers

John

saw the model in the flesh at the weekend and pre-ordered. It looks lovely.

And having seen Pheon's intended decal releases - you are going to be spoiled for choice.

Now to plan for a how to make the turret....

Jonners

Exclusive to Britmodeller, a first proper look at my imminent 1/48 Demon kit. I will be showing it at Telford. I haven't had my workshop computer on due to pressure of work mainly due to engineering problems, now solved. The etch shown has been refined and changed on the production items.

John

Demonphotos3037.jpg

Demonphotos018.jpg

Demonphotos004.jpg

Demonphotos3006.jpg

A true gentlemans aeronautical carriage of war!

Looks great John, hope it goes well, which it certainly should do!

Ahhh John

I was only half kidding about the Baffin

But a vac form would do nicely

When i think of all the esoteric kits being released and genres like Luftwaffe '46 getting a spot at the moulding machine i despair that great subjects are overlooked, Airfix recently did the TSR 2, Valiant, Spitfire 12 and Seafire 15 , Canberra's etc, but if it were not for yourself and a couple of other small producers we would not have what we do, i guess it comes down to economics and i will just have to go without or scratchbuild,

Where can i get plans for a Baffin etc ??

And whilst i'm on the subject why do we get every sort of German submarine ever made ( i mean no offence here) but no British T class boat or even an X craft from one of the major manufacturers ? how long have we had to wait for a Warspite and a 17 pounder gun ( and why no other British WW2 artillery ) from major injection moulders ??

End of rant

Looking forward to the Demon, and may i take this opportunity for helping me complete models of subjects with your products over the last 20 + years i for one am extremely grateful and could not have completed many projects without you mate !

Best Wishes

Norm :)

Edited by Norman

I have brought the kit down to the best price I can and decals are very expensive. However Rowan at Pheon has prepared the artwork for a host of aftermarket decals to accompany my kit which includes 604,607,608 as well as the usual suspects, 23, 41 etc. The artwork was on my stand at Telford. Perhaps when Rowan gets back to France he'll post the side views

The reason the kit didn't quite make Telford was that the camera I used for the photo build had reverted to a low meg setting and I had no leeway to manipulate the pics. This I discovered after I had spent most of the day doing the build, so I have to do another one this week.

The kit has the optional decal for the one in Point Cook and the rams horn exhausts found on many variants. For those desperate for a Hind then the simple expedient of filling the Stbd gun trough will give you this variant as the fuselage panels are the same. I have also included the smaller (braked) wheels and tailwheel of the Aussie Demon which are standard for the Hind. Most sources seem to ignore that there are at least four types of wheel used on Hart variants. The Hind also has twin centre section tanks of which only the caps and vents give this away. Both caps are on my wing.

John

I wish that you hadn't told us that, as now I want two (one for a Demon and one for a Hind)!

The Shuttleworth Hind carries bombs and racks on their flying displays - they look too small for 250lbs; would they be something like 112lbs (and does anyone make these)?

Martin

Yay! :partytime:

Been looking forward to the Demon.

I would love to see the Gauntlet, Grebe and Gamecock back and done using injection moulding. The Gauntlet and Grebe are really hard to find second hand, though I'm chuffed with a vac Gamecock picked up recently.

Just me xmas wish listing John! :)

Hi

The Gauntlet is available as an injected kit and I will be assembling a new batch soon. (reply to PM sent)

Just an update on the Demon. I am working on the new instructions and a backup mould for the white metal bits to speed up on this item. I took today off, my first in nearly six weeks. Rest assured I will get them out asap. I am also trying to wade through a wash of day to day emails so I pray patience to all those waiting.

Cheers

John

Yay! :partytime:

Been looking forward to the Demon.

I would love to see the Gauntlet, Grebe and Gamecock back and done using injection moulding. The Gauntlet and Grebe are really hard to find second hand, though I'm chuffed with a vac Gamecock picked up recently.

Just me xmas wish listing John! :)

Thats good news :worthy:

Hi

The Gauntlet is available as an injected kit and I will be assembling a new batch soon. (reply to PM sent)

Just an update on the Demon. I am working on the new instructions and a backup mould for the white metal bits to speed up on this item. I took today off, my first in nearly six weeks. Rest assured I will get them out asap. I am also trying to wade through a wash of day to day emails so I pray patience to all those waiting.

Cheers

John

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all,

has anybody recieved their Demon yet?, i paid for one at the nationals and am just interested to know!

david

Not yet Dave. The last email I had from John was to the effect that he would advise how to pay when the kits are ready. I am quite happy to wait as Aeroclub have always delivered and I know that John is finalising the details on what will be a superb kit. Just hang on a bit - you'll hear.

Regards

Dennis

Thanks Dennis

I'm just putting the final notes and pictures together this morning and I hope to start boxing up on friday, providing there are no distractions like a whole day answering emails and queries. The Demon is only one area I have to cover. I've had to draw up a replacement decal sheet for an error on the mono Pup is only one instance of time unaccounted for. Being totally single handed it's just taken longer than I planned and that's with one sunday off in over six weeks.

The first run of plastic is done as are the decals and etch and the production white metal moulds are begining to run consistently. I just have the printing to complete then my studio can stop looking like an Afghani scrapyard.

Cheers

John

Not yet Dave. The last email I had from John was to the effect that he would advise how to pay when the kits are ready. I am quite happy to wait as Aeroclub have always delivered and I know that John is finalising the details on what will be a superb kit. Just hang on a bit - you'll hear.

Regards

Dennis

Hello John and all,

Returned to France after Telford, frantically writing booklets for the latest batch of decals - always the last thing to do and always takes longer than I'd planned........

Here are the profile views and decal mock ups for the two sets to go with John's lovely Demon.

48027 Volume one:

48027HawkerDemonVol1Viewsp1.jpg

48027HawkerDemonVol1Viewsp2.jpg

48027HawkerDemonVol1Viewsp3.jpg

48027HawkerDemonVol1Viewsp4.jpg

48027DecalMockup.jpg

48028 Volume two:

48028HawkerDemonVol2Viewsp1.jpg

48028HawkerDemonVol2Viewsp2.jpg

48028HawkerDemonVol2Viewsp3.jpg

48028HawkerDemonVol2Viewsp4.jpg

48028DecalMockup.jpg

Screen printed by the ever-excellent Fantasy Printshop using ten colours. Because John used the same printer and the same shades of red and blue for the kit decals to my design, they are totally compatible with these after-market ones; I have only had to print one stencil in addition for each subject as the kit ones provide all the rest and the wing roundels - leaves more room to squeeze on 9 options for vol.1 and 8 for vol.2. Vol.2 also includes spare serial blocks, so you can make up your own variations. As the observant will note, 604 Sqn. markings are stone (NOT Yellow) and dark red and 607 stone and purple - not mauve as has been reported before - we think mistakenly. Some of the colours shown here may appear a little garish compared to actual decals and profile drawings - always a problem when translating vector images to .jpgs.

Both sets are priced at £14.50 each plus P&P with a combined price of £25.00 if both sets are ordered together. For pre-orders placed up to Christmas day this year we will also offer free P&P to all except the usual Mexico and Brazil destinations. I aim to have these available before the end of this year and whilst not, strictly speaking, limited productions they aren't being produced in great numbers for this edition. If all goes well they will be re-printed but that won't be for a while.

Email us at [email protected] (remove the Xs, of course...) to place pre-orders and reserve your sets - no money asked for until we are ready to send them out - as per usual.

Two comparably comprehensive sets for the Gauntlet are in preparation and others (including the Hind...) are in the works for between the wars subjects in 48th scale. Of course, the first Gladiator sets are now with me and as soon as the booklets are completed will go on general release, following the first pre-release ones we had at Telford. Other scales to follow.... Here's hoping that 2012 will be the year that the colourful interwar RAF subjects get the attention they have so long deserved!

Thanks to Christopher for alerting me to a difference in 601 Sqns markings. Now corrected to this:

601SqnRevisedProfile.jpg

Edited by Rowan Broadbent

Hello John and all,

Returned to France after Telford, frantically writing booklets for the latest batch of decals - always the last thing to do and always takes longer than I'd planned........

Here are the profile views and decal mock ups for the two sets to go with John's lovely Demon.

48027 Volume one:

48027HawkerDemonVol1Viewsp1.jpg

48027HawkerDemonVol1Viewsp2.jpg

48027HawkerDemonVol1Viewsp3.jpg

48027HawkerDemonVol1Viewsp4.jpg

48027DecalMockup.jpg

48028 Volume two:

48028HawkerDemonVol2Viewsp1.jpg

48028HawkerDemonVol2Viewsp2.jpg

48028HawkerDemonVol2Viewsp3.jpg

48028HawkerDemonVol2Viewsp4.jpg

48028DecalMockup.jpg

Screen printed by the ever-excellent Fantasy Printshop using ten colours. Because John used the same printer and the same shades of red and blue for the kit decals to my design, they are totally compatible with these after-market ones; I have only had to print one stencil in addition for each subject as the kit ones provide all the rest and the wing roundels - leaves more room to squeeze on 9 options for vol.1 and 8 for vol.2. Vol.2 also includes spare serial blocks, so you can make up your own variations. As the observant will note, 604 Sqn. markings are stone (NOT Yellow) and dark red and 607 stone and purple - not mauve as has been reported before - we think mistakenly. Some of the colours shown here may appear a little garish compared to actual decals and profile drawings - always a problem when translating vector images to .jpgs.

Both sets are priced at £14.50 each plus P&P with a combined price of £25.00 if both sets are ordered together. For pre-orders placed up to Christmas day this year we will also offer free P&P to all except the usual Mexico and Brazil destinations. I aim to have these available before the end of this year and whilst not, strictly speaking, limited productions they aren't being produced in great numbers for this edition. If all goes well they will be re-printed but that won't be for a while.

Email us at [email protected] (remove the Xs, of course...) to place pre-orders and reserve your sets - no money asked for until we are ready to send them out - as per usual.

Two comparably comprehensive sets for the Gauntlet are in preparation and others (including the Hind...) are in the works for between the wars subjects in 48th scale. Of course, the first Gladiator sets are now with me and as soon as the booklets are completed will go on general release, following the first pre-release ones we had at Telford. Other scales to follow.... Here's hoping that 2012 will be the year that the colourful interwar RAF subjects get the attention they have so long deserved!

Hello again,

thanks for the reply, i dont mind waiting as long as i know whats going on,

david

Hello John and all,

.... Here's hoping that 2012 will be the year that the colourful interwar RAF subjects get the attention they have so long deserved!

AMEN ! and HALLELUJAH ! to that. Yell it from the Roof Tops. I feel a big order and a marvellous 2012 coming on. Rigging - don't ya just love it !!!

A Very Happy

Dennis

The Demons are in the post bag for the guys who prepaid at Telford and I'm now starting on the card and Paypal orders. Kits will be allocated in order. Payment details can be obtained by PM ing me or contacting direct on infoATaeroclub-models.com Make sure you change the @

Cheers

John

Edited by John Aero

We will have most of the orders in the post tomorrow thanks to my eldest grandaughter coming in to help. She's up at Uni in Nottingham so is proving quite useful at the weekends.

Cheers

John

me too i have a mostly re-built vacform affair from way back, cant wait for the new improved version

david