Enter the Demon King

John Aero

Exclusive to Britmodeller, a first proper look at my imminent 1/48 Demon kit. I will be showing it at Telford. I haven't had my workshop computer on due to pressure of work mainly due to engineering problems, now solved. The etch shown has been refined and changed on the production items.

John

Demonphotos3037.jpg

Demonphotos018.jpg

Demonphotos004.jpg

Demonphotos3006.jpg

Edited by John Aero

A bit different from the Airfix 1/72! I built that years ago...badly

John, that looks fantastic...if I could rig a biplane...you never know...

Andy

Aeroclub were taking orders today at Telford for the Demon, £26.50 and delivery in about 10 days, everthing is ready apart from the instructions. The very helpful young lady on the Aeroclub stand told me that John Aero would not allow them to be released until the instructions were ready, otherwise the would have had them on the stand today.

Aeroclub were taking orders today at Telford for the Demon, £26.50 and delivery in about 10 days, everthing is ready apart from the instructions. The very helpful young lady on the Aeroclub stand told me that John Aero would not allow them to be released until the instructions were ready, otherwise the would have had them on the stand today.

£26.50? That's a good price!

Beautiful!!

And there's me expecting something sci-fi . . .

Nick

It's from a theatrical script :P I do have most of the work done (including the etch) to start moulding a Hucks starter to go with the Demon.

John

Edited by John Aero

It's from a theatrical script :P I do have most of the work done (including the etch) to start moulding a Hucks starter to go with the Demon.

John

Looks lovely John!

co-incidentally I just picked up a Aeroclub vac Demon, which is very neat as well.

And in the BM walkround section are some great pics of the Old Warden machine,

which are the markings John is supplying.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76577

Demon-0019.JPG

cheers

T

John

Now why has no one thought of that before ?? That will go with the Demon like bacon n' eggs.

Ummm ! - You takin' orders maybe John ?. I'll start the ball rollin' - 2 (two) please

Dennis W Robinson

I have brought the kit down to the best price I can and decals are very expensive. However Rowan at Pheon has prepared the artwork for a host of aftermarket decals to accompany my kit which includes 604,607,608 as well as the usual suspects, 23, 41 etc. The artwork was on my stand at Telford. Perhaps when Rowan gets back to France he'll post the side views

The reason the kit didn't quite make Telford was that the camera I used for the photo build had reverted to a low meg setting and I had no leeway to manipulate the pics. This I discovered after I had spent most of the day doing the build, so I have to do another one this week.

The kit has the optional decal for the one in Point Cook and the rams horn exhausts found on many variants. For those desperate for a Hind then the simple expedient of filling the Stbd gun trough will give you this variant as the fuselage panels are the same. I have also included the smaller (braked) wheels and tailwheel of the Aussie Demon which are standard for the Hind. Most sources seem to ignore that there are at least four types of wheel used on Hart variants. The Hind also has twin centre section tanks of which only the caps and vents give this away. Both caps are on my wing.

John

Love it!

Would've liked to have seen some 604 Sqn markings as well as the 64 ones though ;-)

Edited by John Aero

John

That looks absolutely wonderful

I will buy at least three (being a greedy so and so)

Well done , glad to see such a fine aircraft make it to 1/48 scale thanks to you

Now i know i'm being pushy and probably silly in a lot of peoples eyes, AND i know your busy, worn out etc etc, but mate,

Any chance at all of a 1/48 Blackburn Blackburn, or maybe a Baffin ?

I live in hope

Cheers

Norm