Revell Kazon Fighter

wkennerley

Right as an attempt to kick start my lagging modelling mo-jo, I acquired Revell's Kazon Figher from TK Maxx - Looks a rather nice kit, and is not my usual subject matter Can anyone suggest a single tin colour to replace the revell mix pelase

Thanks

Wayne

IMG_5653.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

IMG_5655.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg

IMG_5658.jpg

Edited by wkennerley

Right so I have managed to get it to primer stage - Now for some filling and filing as some joints are rather misaligned - I have left some parts off to be applied after painting

Wayne

IMG_5665.jpg

Edited by wkennerley

Wow, this is moving along quickly. As for colour, this guy seems to know far too much about these things than is healthy. From the pictures here it could be either desert pink or desert yellow. I wouldn't try something in between; that would be desert salmon which is probably even more horrible that the colour of the original plastic!

Andy

tbh you can do it any colour you like after all its not real is it?????

Well no it is not real, in the sense that it is not currently flying around in space (or is it??). But it is real in the sense that it forms part of the Star Trek Universe - you wouldn't take the Moebius Iron Man and paint him pink or orange now would you?

I will have a go at as close a match as I can manage

Wayne

That Looks Nice So far

I have Voyager In The Stash you should see the Decal Sheet and the size of the thing thats why its still in its box

my Ikea display case isn't big enough :lol:

Watching with Interest :popcorn:

Edited by whitestar

• 3 weeks later...
Nice job Wayne. I saw this and the kit of Voyager at Hobbycraft yesterday but not reduced, alas. Are you tempted to do Voyager as well? You could even get into the whole lighting thing ;) .

Andy

Nope not really thought of doing a Voyager, I did this one as it was cheap and I needed something to try out for the GB. I do like the look of the Maquis fighter though.

Wayne

Nice job - did one of these a couple of years ago without much hope of it turning out well but was pleasantly surprised - makes up into quite a complex model of an interesting design (as you've shown us!) Guess brown is the new black in the Delta Quadrant...