Silent Swift Superb

turnerdad

I have a hardback copy of this book bought from the author ages ago. It's in top condition and I was just curious if anyone had a view as to its rarity/value. Having browsed the web, I've seen one on sale for £30, but its not in stock, and maybe an old page, but there is an identical one 2nd hand on Amazon for £300!!!(Some potential handrubbing going on) but that's surely got to be a chancer? I'm just curious, but if it's worth something I'll sell it as I'll never need it. Anyone know the the book?

but there is an identical one 2nd hand on Amazon for £300!!!(Some potential handrubbing going on) but that's surely got to be a chancer? I'm just curious, but if it's worth something I'll sell it as I'll never need it. Anyone know the the book?

Just popped over & checked that out, surely that's a typo! £30 maybe but not £300

Edited by Graham T

Have you looked on Abebooks? That's usually a good barometer of the real street price I find. :)

Will do. I did see one go for £60 on ebay a couple of years back which got me thinking at the time I may have made a good investment, and believe me, I don't usually do that (I'm really rather hopeless with money)

Will do. I did see one go for £60 on ebay a couple of years back which got me thinking at the time I may have made a good investment, and believe me, I don't usually do that (I'm really rather hopeless with money)

Nick, I checked Abebooks - see my original post. It's the same price from the same seller but with more expensive p&p!!!!

Keef

The whole thing reminds me of a certain ebay phantom and B-52 that have been the subject of much debate over here. Think I'll hang on to it as there is a nice section on the RAF beauties which may come in handy one day.

Edited by turnerdad

That set me thinking, aparently i can get nearly 300 notes for my copy of JV 44 i wish i`d got hold of the copy signed by Galland.

Dek.

Still not as bad as the 'holy grail' of books for a 1973 Porsche 911 RS owner. Apparently there were the same number of books produced as the car, so owners try to get the same limited edition book number as the chassis number of their car. One sold for £2000 in 2007......!!!!

Keef

• 2 weeks later...

Crikey I've got this one and the Bristol Britannia and Comet copies in this series, got all of them from airshows, (either Waddington, Fairford or Flying Legends) from one stall for I think the £10-£12 mark couple or three years back, didn't think they'd be worth much, seems there was plenty for sale!