Should we extend the deadline 1 month?

AnonymousER99

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

My very first post on here, I have been lurking on here and ARC for quite some time.

I noticed this GB has been extended and have decided to have a go. I started a Hasagawa Shin-meiwa yesterday (Sat 6th Dec), I am building it OOB using my skills, last flexed when I was about 10.

I hope it is not going to turn into a glue ball like I used to produce.

I know this is probably not the place to ask these questions, but if I am wrong then I hope somebody could point me in the right direction:

My first is nose weights, I always used to bed nuts and bolts in plasticine, What is the best bedding for fishing weights?

Next a question specific to the Shin-meiwa, the rear of hull to fuselage joint has a pronounced step, the plastic is very thick, is this supposed to replicate the Seaplane 'step'?

My final question, how can I get international orange, I can only find Xtracolour 104 which I would have to order from Hannants and I am worried about delivery times this close to Xmas.

I hope you all realize just how daunting it is, seeing the superb quality builds on here for a newbie to join.

For securing your nose weight you can either use milliput or superglue.

For the international orange, get yourself down to Halfords and pick up a spray can of their dayglo orange paint - make sure to put it over a good base of white primer though and it should cover OK. Just remember to spray outside ;)

TBH you're probly best starting your own WIP thread.

Oh, and :welcome:

Edited by Nev