Victor B2 nuclear bomber

Lovely Victor General Melchett sah! My Victor is disassembled in it's box (split the canopy in two when err...... someone dropped it during construction)and judging by all the inaccuracies you had to fix I think it will be getting bashed into something strange.

Three cheers for the General chaps and chapesses!

:partytime:

Paul Harrison :poppy:

Thank you folks, Spence , if your going to Telford I'll be on the Bomber Command sig table, Paul , I have more disassembled Victors than I could shake a hairy stick at :hypnotised: , so cobbling one together was a bit easier than if I had to struggle with one,

thanks to the rest of you too....

makes the effort worthwhile :thumbsup2:

Andy

.....hope you like her,

Like her?? What's not to like?? She's absolutely feckin' luvvverlllyyy!!

How do you manage to crank out so many great builds in so little time Andy?? Simply great work on all of them - & this is one of my favourites? Look forward to seeing her in person on the weekend!

Keef

Absolutely Splendid Job, Andy.

So nice to see a Victor in Gloss White. I know how much of a pig that one is, so savor the victory even more.

My Friend Bill Dye did one (posted over at hyperscale), and a teacher friend of mine, Mike Cairns flew Victors for a while as an F/O with Bomber Command. Technically a more advanced aeroplane for its time than many give it credit for.

Thanks for posting. Hope to see more Victors in the future, if you don't completely lose your mind. Wait a minute. Strike that. That happened already.

All the Best,

david

Thanks everyone , didn't reply earlier as pc caught a 'orrible little virus called vundo (and if anyone's ever had it they no that it's almost impossible to shift as it mutates and learns all your moves, I really hope that the' wasted talents' who devise these things suffer a really horrible fate !!!).It also managesd to obliterate my hme hub settings and screw up the connection.I followed every online bit of advice but nothing worked so I resorted to a complete reformat .....bugger......

By now of course Telfords over and hopefully I caught up with a few of you , thanks for all the kind comments.

David , one of my compatriots in the Bomber Command sig (Terry) is a very clever fella who makes his own resin and vacform bits and bobs for the Victor , beautiful new canopy , ailerons , wingtip extensions and all manner of apu/ecm bits and bobs, ( he's even recast his own flightpath intakes and improved them !!!!!) , like me it's a bit of a passion of his. :hobbyhorse:

Trying to get him to have a go at the Vulcans ones too , though our own Mike ( number 1 son) said he might just have a look at doing them ....(sorry Mike but you did mention it !! :whistle: )...

Keef , nice to meet you at last, ...Diolch i ti ffrind

Cheers all,

Andy

Sorry Al , think me typewriters bust , it's missing the bloody vowels again !!!!! :jump_fire:

Oh I don't know General - you have enough i's & an o there - that's all you need.....!!! :rolleyes::D

Good to talk to you yesterday, loved your models, especially the prize winner!

Keith

Thanks Keith , yep all good fun thought it was really decent of Mike McEvoy and Colin( freightdog ) to sort that out , damn fine chaps... ....building my prize as we speak ( well almost ) I don't know , yet another 'what-if'... :analintruder: , tell you what the Bra.z TU-144 is a beast , heavy as hell, just like the real thing, lovely kit going together very nicely..... good size for a 1/144th,

Will post in near future,

Bit hectic, think I'll stick to one table rather than four next time, great couple of days though ,next show will be Bolton with the new Cold War sig, should have my Amodel M50 Bounder and RB36H finished by then....not sure if there will be any room left for much else on the table... :hobbyhorse:

Cheers for now,

Andy

Edited by general melchett

Thanks Hurrinut , nice of you to say so ...Hope you liked the display , it was a lot of fun and hard work by everyone involved, a lot of midnight oil was burned to get it all there. Hope to have her at Bolton in January on the Cold War table along with quite a few other ''exotics''.....

cheers,

Andy

Nice one General. I served on 10 Squadron at Cottesmore and later with 139 Squadron at Wittering as a rigger when we got the first Retrofit (Blue Steel) aircraft. There were not many in anti-flash white before the camo came in. Later as a Crew Chief on 543 Squadron.

Can I just say that that is the best reproduction of Handley Pages finest I have seen to date - and from a kit whose only useful parts are the bomb bay and decals !!.

Just one very very minor thing. On the Retrofit aircraft, the undersurface of the in flight refuelling probe was, would you believe it, sprayed in pale blue - as an anti-dazzle measure. I have a photo somewhere of XL158 during the press briefing in February '64 and it shows it well. If I can find it, I'll dig it out and post it.

Sloegin

Thank you sloegin , that is praise indeed, what a fascinating time you worked in,. Sights and sounds now sadly long departed !!

My memories of this magnificent aeroplane are from the viewpoint of a ten year old living a couple of miles from the Radlett threshold in the mid sixties and watching them come screaming in over the house for servicing or refit, day in day out.....powerfiul memories....

Fascinating fact about the refueling probe, never knew that they were painted any colour other than white ,it would be great if you could dig that photo out !! :analintruder: ....Luckily mine is detachable( a lesson learnt from many moves!!!) , so I should be able to correct it if it applies to this aircraft. Do you have any other info, photo's etc, anything would be most welcome as my next build will be XM715 as an SR2...

Many thanks,

Andy