Old Airfields

I have a passion for old airfields - rarley miss the opportunity to visit one if it is anywhere in the vicinity. We visited Metheringham (SE of Lincoln) and you can in fact drive round the old peri. track The atmosphere is so intense Rhonda remarked that you could almost hear the Lancs. running up (yes she has heard one) I took some pictures and with the aid of Photoshop produced this - you can just make out the line of the runway in the vegetation. 106 Squadron by the way. There is a small museum there.

Lanc-Methringham1.jpg

Good Photoshoppage skills there David... wish I was anywhere near competent <_< It's driving me batty having to learn as I go along while I'm designing the site :wacko:

How good does that look !?!!?

Nice skills, one has to wonder what it would have looked like from that angle 60 years ago

excellent stuff

John

I share your passion M-U-G, it so happens that tomorrow morning I'm off on a road-trip to Coningsby. I'll be stopping off at any number of old fields on the way. I'll dig-out some of my favourite shots and post them here too. I live in Merseyside and we are surrounded by all manner of old fields, now mostly torn-up or built upon.

Ian