Airfix 1/72 scale Gloster Javelin

zero

Well I don't know how many times this has nearly ended up in the bin, but were nearly there now. Just the U/C doors to hang, and it's done.

Airfix's 1/72 scale Gloster Javelin

262359234.jpg

262359232.jpg

262360763.jpg

Dave

That's really rather fine, Dave. Kinda encourages me to get mine out of the stash one day.

Cheers,

Chris.

Thanks Chris

I'm really rather pleased with it myself. though I wish I had airbrushed it, but my airbrush skills are not up to this yet, the next two will be easier to do as there just mono colours. ie the matchbox 1/72 scale zero, and the Matchbox Sea Harrier FRS1. Ive got to clear my bench of war hammer stuff again! (damn that son of mine)

Dave

Edited by zero

Nice looking work ,

Love the look of this plane

Thanks

I'm a big fan of post war jets, with many in my stash, so I'll be populating this section myself over time. ie Sea vixen's, Hunters, Meteors, Vampires Etch. However my love is the Javelin, so there will be more of them to come as well, sadly I was born a bit to late, and never saw one fly. I'm so glad, my children will not suffer the same fate with the Vulcan.

Dave

lovin the javelin !! it looks grate :speak_cool: i am building one at the moment but its got a bit of a twst to it lol

nice kit,

steven perriss

Thanks

Nice bucks by the way. I got out bid on a T3 the other day, oh well another 2 have come along like buses.

Thanks for the comments

Dave

very nice but is`nt it time for a new tooling

I doubt it, and this kit was a nice clean easy build, and not to much work to boot either!

There are many Javelin kits out there, but there all basically the same shape, and only the back end changed visually really. There are still endless Javelin kits out on Evilbay, ie Frog, Nova, Heller, and a few Airfix T3's as well. I love the Javelin one of the few Aircraft I haven't seen flying, that I'm pasionate about, but I doubt it will be retooled, Airfix Have other fish to fry. However trumpeter, and Special hobby, might, but I can think of subjects that would sell much better.