G W Carnosaur & Saurus Lord

grufsnik

Hi all, i thought i would start with the carnosaur and try to get to the others later. For anyone who's not familiar with this it's a white metal kit from games workshop to be used in war-hammer fantasy battle. A carnosaur is a giant lizard/dinosaur type creature which is ridden by a lord character (a particularly nasty creature on the gaming table).

So far the saurus lord is all but finished just a bit of touching up needed, while the carnosaur is assembled and on its base but not primed. For this i will use G W's own chaos black from a rattle can.

I will wave to knock this back a time or two to get the primer into all the detail (theres loads :hypnotised: ), then on to the base coats.

Thats about all for now, pictures to follow, having trouble with the camera GGRRRR :mg:

Neil :drink:

Hi all, i thought i would start with the carnosaur and try to get to the others later. For anyone who's not familiar with this it's a white metal kit from games workshop to be used in war-hammer fantasy battle. A carnosaur is a giant lizard/dinosaur type creature which is ridden by a lord character (a particularly nasty creature on the gaming table).

So far the saurus lord is all but finished just a bit of touching up needed, while the carnosaur is assembled and on its base but not primed. For this i will use G W's own chaos black from a rattle can.

I will wave to knock this back a time or two to get the primer into all the detail (theres loads :hypnotised: ), then on to the base coats.

Thats about all for now, pictures to follow, having trouble with the camera GGRRRR :mg:

Heres a couple of pics to start

IMGP0009.jpg

IMGP0010.jpg

Ime a bit further on now with base coats on, of scaly green and fortress Grey. This is the tedious part for me the fun starts now with dry brushing and maybe a wash or two :winkgrin:

I think i will be using greens and browns with a touch with a touch of yellow here and there as this creature is supposed to live in the swamps of lustria, loosely based on ancient south American Aztecs, Incas e.c.t.

IMGP0016.jpg

IMGP0015.jpg

Thanks for looking

Neil.

Edited by grufsnik

Well ive done a bit more. :cyclops:

Started with dry-brushing with snot green over the scaly green, followed by a light dry-brush of goblin green. this hopefully has brought some depth and contrast to the rough scaly area of the figure. I then went back over with a light dry-brush of scorpion green, just to pick out the high points and edges of scales.

The leathery areas and underside were treated to a dry-brush of bestial brown :mental: This turned out rather darker than hoped and so the area was then washed over with a mix of approx 70% golden yellow and 30% snakebite leather. I cant decide Werther to wash again with a dark wash to try to pick out the nooks and crannies and then dry-brush, or go straight to more dry-brushing. :wacko:

IMGP0027.jpg

IMGP0028.jpg

IMGP0030.jpg

IMGP0029.jpg

Thanks for looking

Well its finished :rolleyes:

Relay all that was left was to dry brush along the spiny ridge with golden yellow, bleached bone and Finlay skull white. Some attention was given to the flange cresting on the head though this has not come out well in the photos.

It was then highlighting work on the claws, flank scales and the belly. Again bleached bone and scull white were used on the teeth with red gore and blood red in the mouth. Theres plenty of gold on the harness and metal bands on the monsters tail

THANK GOD FOR KUTA :clap2: I've been putting this off for ages, not only can it rest on the shelf but also go on the gaming board and tare up some Pansy elves, dwarfs e.c.t :devil::mg::shoot:

IMGP0035.jpg

IMGP0034.jpg

IMGP0033.jpg

Well thanks for looking

Neil