KUTA build 1 - 1/72 Tornado IDS

dswoofie

Here's KUTA build number 1 for me, a Revell 1/72 Tornado IDS 'Black Thunder' Version that has been sitting around untouched for a while...

407456e2.jpg

The original build thread is HERE

Hoping to get cracking on this as soon as my BoB Sea Harrier is further along towards the finish line!

Karl.

At long last my Tornado build is up and running again... after I brushed about an inch of dust off it first :lol:

The nose section is now fitted to the main fuselage, and the first parts of the exhausts are on too. Not a huge amount happened on it so far, but the KUTA has worked :)

52b2fc98.jpg

1e56db2e.jpg

Karl.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, a bit of progress on the Tornado. I somewhat hopefully thought I might have squeezed this one in for Telford, but it was not to be in the end... I've got it ready for paint now!

Here's the progress shot... Jet pipes all on now, and canopies masked for paint...

7de866c4.jpg

Karl.

Finally some more progress on my first KUTA build...

Painting, Klearing, and decalling is now all done. Had absolutely no fun doing the decals as they didn't seem to want to behave, and kept splitting. Getting them to stick properly on anything other than a flat surface seemed difficult. I used loads of Micorsol, and they are still a bit iffy. I was expecting better of them, but they really taxed me...

Anyway, here she is at the moment...

de671adc.jpg

I've sealed in the decals with a satin coat of Klear with Flat base in it... It tended to grey over very, very slightly, which is fine as it's taken the starkness out of the black. Just got to sort out the stores, undercarriage, and a couple of detail painting bits, and I'm there!!

Karl.