Gr.7

NICHOLAS

Hey guys have anyone of you built a 1/48 Hasegawa Harrier GR Mk.7 [RAF]? If you built one can you tell me how its like? And if you have pictures of your finished harrier. :winkgrin:

Hey guys have anyone of you built a 1/48 Hasegawa Harrier GR Mk.7 [RAF]? If you built one can you tell me how its like? And if you have pictures of your finished harrier. :winkgrin:

I'll play!! The kits okay....but with problems...I think its a bit too over-engineered , to allow different variants to be modelled, with a few fit problems around the intake areas.

000_0522.jpg

000_0526.jpg

000_0537.jpg

000_0538.jpg

yeah...gotta agree with Bill there...I've just done the AV-8B version of it and the area around the nose and intake is a bit of a problem...but if you're willing to work at it the final result is a pretty good representation of a Harrier.

Some other niggles are the poor canopy and the fact that it can't me opened properly and the usual Hasegawa skimpyness with the underwing stores!...damn them to Hades!...:(

AV-8BHarrierII17.jpg

AV-8BHarrierII10.jpg

Edited by zeke

Somewhere in a box I have the remnants of a Hasegawa AV-8B+ sweetheart piece of s***e

Ive said before- ANYBODY who even gets that kit to the finished stage deserves a bloody medal

Some enterprising souls could spend some time making NEW correctly proportioned and detailed intake cowlings, and a load of other stuff I cant quite remember now

Anyhow- when it eventually comes out the box- Ill post

I really like the Harrier 2s that Hasegawa have given us. I've built 4 :- an AV-8B, AV-8BNA AV-8B+ and a GR.7, and really enjoyed them. Didn't have any problems that time, patience and a bit of filler didn't sort out Get one Nicholas, you won't be disappointed.

Joel

Somewhere in a box I have the remnants of a Hasegawa AV-8B+ sweetheart piece of s***e

Ive said before- ANYBODY who even gets that kit to the finished stage deserves a bloody medal

Some enterprising souls could spend some time making NEW correctly proportioned and detailed intake cowlings, and a load of other stuff I cant quite remember now

Anyhow- when it eventually comes out the box- Ill post

And of course, the WEEAC Navigator disc which is coming soon would help out no end!...HA HA HA Does this make me a thread Whore?...:D...

sorry...

I'll get me coat...

My recently built example......

GR72-1.jpg

GR74.jpg

As already said, take care when assembling nose/fuselarge/LERX area's, do dry fit first! Seat needs modifying to. I lowered the nose u/c slightly as I think nose sits too high, but that depends on the load you fit.

Dave

I've done 2 GR.7s and a GR.5. The kit is a pain in the bottom around the intakes, but with a little patience (and a lot of dry-fitting) can be built up to look good. I wish I could work out how to open the canopy properly...