Mullers build - FINISHED

Muller

I was worried about not getting this done in time when i saw all the sprues!

Also please bear in mind I was fairly drunk for most of this work, too much beer! :drink:

Box & sprue shot, Eduard cockpit detail set pictured also.

SL381508.jpg

Decided to make the seats look padded, added some milliput. (1st time using this stuff)

SL381509.jpg

Seats painted with some PE added.

SL381510.jpg

Cockpit parts dry fitted.

cockpit.jpg

cockpit1.jpg

Fuselage together & wings on.

SL381513.jpg

Did a bit of filling with a tip I picked up online, filler made from Talcum powder and Klear, it works nicely.

Primed with Halfords grey rattlecan.

SL381514.jpg

SL381515.jpg

Preshading done.

SL381516.jpg

Sprayed with WEM light sea grey. It's had another coat since these pics were taken.

Exhaust area srayed with my own mix for burnt metal.

SL381518.jpg

SL381519.jpg

Should be done with this one by next week.

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by Muller

Nearly finished the painting and got some decals on her. Won't be able to do any more work on her till the weekend.

SL381522.jpg

SL381521.jpg

Had a bit of hassle with the long black decals on the wings, I'll give it another coat of klear and touch them up with paint.

SL381524.jpg

Not looking forward to the painting the canopy! I might try and get some masking fluid for it. Should be finished in time.

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly finished! Got all the decals on and panelwash, fitted the undercarraige. Just the canopy left to do (I've been putting that off till last!) and stick the clear bits on. I'm really enjoying my 1st jet build. :)

SL381529.jpg

SL381531.jpg

SL381530.jpg

SL381532.jpg

SL381537.jpg

I didn't know about the extension on this GB, so i rushed to get it finished today.

The one bit on this i was worried about making a dogs bottom of was the canopy..... I was right! :lol: Aw well, here's the pics.

SL381538.jpg

SL381539.jpg

SL381541.jpg

SL381542.jpg

SL381545.jpg

SL381546.jpg

SL381543.jpg

Nice kit, pity about the modeller! it's my first modern jet, I'm not so scared of that MiG-29 I have in the stash now.

Thanks to everyone in the GB for the inspiration to build it. :speak_cool:

Nice job. Thats one to be proud of.

That why I love of the wall GB's because you tend to look at subject you would otherwise not build.

Great job.

Dave

Keith,

Bearing in mind I know naff all about Japanease stuff, firstly this looks bloody amazing especially with the beer consumption :lol: I do have one question thugh, is the pitot tube meant to point down?

Bex

Thanks for the kind words folks! :D

nice one! How have you done the panelwash?

Alex

Alex, I used some oil paints, payne's grey and raw umber (50/50), thinned with white spirit and painted along the panel-lines, I let it dry for about an hour and wiped the excess off with kitchen paper soaked in white spirit. It's the 1st time I've used oils, i normally use pastels, I was pleased with the results.

I do have one question thugh, is the pitot tube meant to point down?

Bex

Cheers Bex, in the pic below you can see the pitots pointing downwards, mine is probably pointing down a bit too much, Brewers Droop! :lol:

misawa-304b.jpg

Alex, I used some oil paints, payne's grey and raw umber (50/50), thinned with white spirit and painted along the panel-lines, I let it dry for about an hour and wiped the excess off with kitchen paper soaked in white spirit. It's the 1st time I've used oils, i normally use pastels, I was pleased with the results.

Thanks, that what I plan to do with my next plane...

Alex

Cheers Bex, in the pic below you can see the pitots pointing downwards, mine is probably pointing down a bit too much, Brewers Droop! :lol:

misawa-304b.jpg

Cheers Keith, I can see it clearly now. The more I see of this aircraft, the more I keep getting ideas of getting one.

Like this alot :thumbsup2:

Thanks Keith

Bex