Richelieu

Phil Reeder

Antoine, My wife bought one of these so the pics and references will be very useful.

Phil, looking forward to seeing your build develop.

Tony :clif:

Same here, I've just started on the 1/700 Trumpeter kit depicting Richelieu in 1946. I'll probably have to settle for a straight-from-the-box job, tho' I'd like to get the colours reasonably near.

Joseph

Same here, I've just started on the 1/700 Trumpeter kit depicting Richelieu in 1946. I'll probably have to settle for a straight-from-the-box job, tho' I'd like to get the colours reasonably near.

Joseph

Joseph

Could you post a scan of the instructions please? Trying to work out whether the 1943 or 1946 configuration will be closer (eg for light AA fit) for Richelieu as serving in the East Indies Fleet.

Many thanks.

Nick

Joseph

Could you post a scan of the instructions please? Trying to work out whether the 1943 or 1946 configuration will be closer (eg for light AA fit) for Richelieu as serving in the East Indies Fleet.

Many thanks.

Nick

Hi Nick,

I'm afraid I don't know when I'll be near a scanner. There might be a repro place in Lincoln, but it might well be next Saturday before I can do that. I'll see if there's one at my new place of work in the meantime.

Joseph

Hi Nick,

I'm afraid I don't know when I'll be near a scanner. There might be a repro place in Lincoln, but it might well be next Saturday before I can do that. I'll see if there's one at my new place of work in the meantime.

Joseph

Joseph

Oh, please don't put yourself out. I was just taking it for granted that I am the only one on BM without a scanner!

Nick

• 2 months later...

Pardon but I have the US Naval Institute book "Battleships" (and others) and have scanned some Richelieu pages however I haven't been able to figure out how to paste them here. Don't mind the scanning but linking them over escapes me. Thanks.

• 7 years later...

Unfortunately the Trumpeter 1/700 Richelieu is available only (in two boxings however) only after her 1943 US-modifications. When trying to model the 1940 Dakar-events appearance one should add the two catapults and a crane on stern as well as to remove some of the AA-guns. Could anybody provide me with any drawings showing Richelieu in her 1940-1942 fit? Or maybe somebody has already gone through such a retrograde conversion of Trumpy kit?

BTW. Is there a 1/700 Loire 130 seaplane available anywhere on the market or is it easier to convert a Walrus with modified Jake wings?

Cheers

Michael

You could buy the book French Battleships 1922-1956 by John Jordan and Robert Dumas published by Seaforth Publishing, 2009, ISBN 1-84832-034-5. Covers the history of the Richelieu with multiple drawings, both line and colour. There is also the Kagero book on the Super Drawings in 3-D, ISBN 978-83-62878-0, 2012 and it covers the ship 1943-1945.

Edited by Mick4350
pushed wrong button too early