Minesweeper

Hi Guys and Gals,

Here's my latest creation, a Wellington minesweeper.

The kit is the Combat Models 1/32 vac-form and the ring was made from four resin sections fixed together.

I tried to highlight the Geodetic construction by masking all the raised detail and then spraying a filter (95% thiners to 5% black) over the whole airframe. Two days of masking and two minutes of spraying, but I think it was worth the effort.

PICT0405.jpg

PICT0406.jpg

PICT0409.jpg

PICT0410.jpg

PICT0411.jpg

PICT0407.jpg

This shot gives you an idea of the size of the thing in 1/32 scale

PICT0408.jpg

The result of all that masking.

Not many people can boast of having a model with an 18 inch ringpiece ------------ maybe I should keep quiet too!

Regards, Glenn

• Like 1

Another beautiful build Glenn. I had no idea this kit existed (I'm guessing the I.D. kit isn't a minesweeper out of the box?). Your highlighting of the geodetic effect has worked really well, and is beautifully restrained and subtle. How long did this one take?

Kev

Bugger! You've beaten me again Glenn! Got 1 of these in my stash and just gathering bits to build it, gonna do mine as a bomber or Coastal Command version though. Wish I had as much time to build as you lol

Great looking though mate, gonna use some of your ideas ;)

Oh my god what a fantastic model!

I`ve always liked the Wimpey minesweepers but have always chickened out of building one as there are so many changes to be made but to see one in this scale beggars belief!

I think we`ve just seen the IPMS Nationals winner for Telford this year...hands down...please say you are entering it!

Brilliant

Tony O

Oh my god what a fantastic model!

I`ve always liked the Wimpey minesweepers but have always chickened out of building one as there are so many changes to be made but to see one in this scale beggars belief!

I think we`ve just seen the IPMS Nationals winner for Telford this year...hands down...please say you are entering it!

Brilliant

Tony O

Hi Tony,

No, sorry, I'm not entering it in the Nationals. As I live in Thailand it's one hell of a bike ride to bring a model, and a large one at that. Glad you liked it anyway. I shall use the filter technique again when, and if, I scratchbuild a 1/32 Wellesley.

Regards,

Glenn