JASDF paint demarcation lines

AnonymousFY21

One for the JASDF experts. Aka Mentalguru.

I hope to get the camo onto the aggro 104 this weekend and would love to spray it freehand, but I suspect it's a hard line.

All the images I have are fairly low quality, so everything is soft.

So do I go with a sprayed edge, or a hard one.

I am also suspicious of the 36495 given as the gray, it seems darker?

rich

Hi !! Don't think there is any hard and fast rule here !! I have the Model art books on T2 and F-15 aggressors and the F4 profile ( Both superb !!) having looked for a pattern in these , some F-15's are hard, but most soft, all the Phantoms seem to be soft !! I have a Kokofan with F-104's in, i'll search for were i've stashed it and will comment further on inspection !! ATB, :analintruder:

Edited by Gundylunch

Me again, Have found my copy of Koku - Fan February 1985 which has on the cover a light grey machine with a blue grey upper colour, and it's soft edge all the way !! If you have an e mail address could scan the cover and send to you if this is the sort of scheme you are doing !!( Specific aircraft is 655, a single seater ) :analintruder:

Thanks Gundylunch and Mental

The scheme I am doing is a two tone wrap around, allegedly 36495 and 35450. It's from the TwoBobs sheet and is numbered 684. The instructions show a grey much darker than 495, but if the sheet is anything to go by, I wouldn't believe anything on it :analintruder: .

I have tried the two colours together and the grey just looks too light :shrug: . Humbrol 47 is used for the 450, which I have to say looks pretty close and was given as a close match somewhere.

So any more advice is good by me, cos I can blame everybody else then for a cr*p looking model :hobbyhorse: . It couldn't possibly have been my fault :whistle: .

Gundylunch :mail:

cheers

rich