Trumpeter Wellington IIIC

Mike

Doesn't seem bad. Always wanted a Wellie - it's the second kit I can remember my Dad building for me (after a Lockheed Hudson), when I was a really young kid. He brush painted it (what else in those days?) and then coated it with gloss varnish, which was kind of yellow even when it was new. Needless to say, it went VERY yellow over time.

Quick questions - what's the difference inside between a I and a III (cockpit & interior)? Also, do they have the same wheels? I'm thinking of Jay's marvellous wheels, of course.

I notice that Pavla have a load of interior & armament sets out - that could also come in useful for the "one day" scratchbuilt Stirling I have planned. The Wimpy & the Stirling share some of the same turrets :hmmm:

The Wimpy & the Stirling share some of the same turrets

As do the Lancaster and some other bombers. The interior of most turrets was very similar as they all had the same designer, Frazer Nash. It was the cupola shape that was different.

I doubt there was much difference between the I and the III, it was the engines that changed, so it is unlikely there would have been much difference internally, save perhaps the instument and engineers' panel.

Thanks Len, I suspected that might be the case... Probably not much that would be discernable through the glazing anyway :coolio:

I did a fair amount of research on turrets when I was trying to build the Sanger Stirling, including buying some fairly rare books on aircraft armament. It's all a bit hazy now, but I'm sure it'll come back to me eventually.

I've now paid for it, so stash = stash+1. Actually, that's +2, as I bought a 1:48 Natter off eBay the other night too. Like I often say - I like unusual stuff ;)

Mike,

When you gonna build it?

Would love to see a work in progress on this beauty.

Cheers.

Bob

At this point, I don't know... I'm building 3 other kits right now, and about to start a Vulcan in July, so it's anyone's guess. Always wanted one though, so had to have it :)

At this point, I don't know... I'm building 3 other kits right now, and about to start a Vulcan in July, so it's anyone's guess. Always wanted one though, so had to have it :)

Only three on the go!?! Are you slowing down or something mate :blink:

Only three on the go!?! Are you slowing down or something mate :blink:

Thought I'd take it easy for a while :P

Actually, 3 kits at once works nicely for me, although they all seem to get to painting & decalling at the same time, and I start to get withdrawal symptoms from the building part, which is to a great extent my favorite bit :)