ERTL 1962 Chevrolet Corvette

wkennerley

Thanks guys, I have been looking through the instructions and one of the hot rod versions has a lovelly supercharger sticking out of the bonnet, mmm I am now tempted to customize it, found a black one with supercharger on the web. Oh well will see once I get building, gotta finish my 1/72 Dragon Rapide first - been battling rigging tonight!

Wayne

Damn so much for stock build - I have been looking on the net for pics and these two came up, I am very tempted with the silver one!! Who has a modern corvette winscreen and surround and softtop in 1/25 that I could buy please!!!!!!!!!!! Dunno where I would get the wheels either!

My1962BlownVette.jpg

NCRS_Winter_07_008.jpg

Thanks Mish - Just been searching for pics and would you believe it, all The interiors look to be red, no matter what colour the exterior. Oh well time to strip the paint and start again

w.

Edited by wkennerley

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Slowly getting a start on the modelling for 2009 - Slowly getting the paintwork on the corvette to work, some small blemishes still so hopefully only one more coat to apply, bonnet is the worse bit

DSCF4855.jpg

Edited by wkennerley

• 3 weeks later...

Right looking to finish this to display at Yeovilton in Feb (my first GB). Done some detail painting on the bodywork and some under chassis weathering. Engine nearly ready too.

DSCF4914.jpg

body and chassis temporarily together to see how it looks

DSCF4917.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yes finally done, its been standing a while as I struggled with the paint work, anyway its done now and I won't do another car too quickly. Have to finish the Ferrari F-50 but as thats missing its tyres it may be a while!! The bonnet stay has been painted since these pics were taken too.

DSCF5333.jpg

DSCF5334.jpg

DSCF5335.jpg

Yes finally done, its been standing a while as I struggled with the paint work, anyway its done now and I won't do another car too quickly. Have to finish the Ferrari F-50 but as thats missing its tyres it may be a while!! The bonnet stay has been painted since these pics were taken too.

DSCF5333.jpg

DSCF5334.jpg

DSCF5335.jpg

Looks really great-well done.

regards,

Rob