1/48th Hawker Hind

dylan the rabbit

Hi Nick,

Basically, yes.

Classic Airframe were considering a Hawker biplane seires (Hind, Demon, Hart, etc...) but thats gone very quiet and I dont know if it is still planned or if it has been binned.

Guess Aeroclub might have done something in the past but I know no more if that is the case.

I guess that it is possible that Eastern Europe or the Far East might produce something eventually but who knows!

Wish somebody would!

Christian the Married

Having watched a documentary on the RAF this morning (DVD), I'm interested in getting hold of a Hawker Hind kit, but I can't face 1/72nd!

There seems to be nothing available out there. Is this the case?

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick,

I have the Aeroclub Hawker Demon in 48th . This is a vac-form with metal props u/c legs etc . In the instructions it does say that any member of the Hart family can be built from the kit. but the decals in the kit are for a Hart Fighter as used by a flight of 23 SQ . However both fuselage halves have the mg trough moulded - easy enough to fill in .

As for availabilty- if Vac-forms are up your street -thats another question

Cheers

Terry

Edited by Terry McGrady

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nick

The 1:48 Aeroclub Hawker Demon pops up from time to time on eBay. I built it earlier this year - if you have vac-form experience it makes a nice model and with some work can be made into a Hart, Audax, Hind etc.

Aeroclub Hawker Demon

The kit supplied decals are for a 23 Squadron aircraft, but the Model Alliance "Wings of Silver" sheets provide some alternatives.

:giles:

Darius

Edited by Darius at Home

Having watched a documentary on the RAF this morning (DVD), I'm interested in getting hold of a Hawker Hind kit, but I can't face 1/72nd!

There seems to be nothing available out there. Is this the case?

Cheers,

Nick

Has anyone heard any rumours about the Classic Airframes series of Hart/Hinds. With the AZ 172nd scale kits out, I wonder if a scale up is possible?

The Aeroclub kit is as the others have said a good start to the gentle art of vac-form building and is a good basis for most variants.