F-15 J EAGLE

Guest snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

Right as I'm still waiting for the resin update set for the cockpit of my proposed F-1 build and getting fed up cos I want to start something before the GB ends I purchased this interesting kit,

S8001953.jpg

although not as visually attractive as say Jens f-15 I like the tail art on this one. I will be starting it tomorrow when I expect the the F-1 stuff will turn up!

Any pointers with this kit? and what colour would you recommend for the two tone greys?

Cheers

Pete

Guest snipersmudge
OMG- my desk is floating in front of my eyes.... :hypnotised:

You've not been taking your medication again have you old chap!, have no idea what you are saying!

Guest snipersmudge

well what can I say? I started on the kit yesterday and am already totally fed up with the bugger!. for starters the kit is labelled as 1/48th, well it looks more like 1/50th to me panel lines are like railway tracks, tons of detail missing and the cockpit area is a bloody nightmare. Most parts are way over simplified and to my eye far to crude. As for the cockpit glazing! christ it's warped and very thick.

the only plus I can find is I only paid a fiver for the bugger and maybe the decals can be used on something else. So sorry folks this pigs ear of a kit is going in the bin

Pete

Pete,

Send me your address by PM.

I've got a 1/48 Revell F15 you can have, supposed to be one of the best 15's out there. Just cross my palm with postage and she is yours.

The chances of me building it are remote. Plus I want to see you do a cracking job on her.

The kit is yours if you want it...

Cheers,

Saint Buckle :innocent:

Edited by Bobs_Buckles

Pete,

Send me your address by PM.

I've got a 1/48 Revell F15 you can have, supposed to be one of the best 15's out there. Just cross my palm with postage and she is yours.

The chances of me building it are remote. Plus I want to see you do a cracking job on her.

The kit is yours if you want it...

Cheers,

Saint Buckle :innocent:

Bob, the F-15E is indeed a fine kit, but its a very different bird from a D. I belive some folks have done the conversion on ARC, but I think it would just be easier to buy the Hasegawa kit and be done with it :shrug:

Bob, the F-15E is indeed a fine kit, but its a very different bird from a D. I belive some folks have done the conversion on ARC, but I think it would just be easier to buy the Hasegawa kit and be done with it :shrug:

Nev,

What Pete does with the kit is up to him. E or D mean nothing to me mate. All I want is the kit to go to someone who will do a cracking job, Pete will do that much I'm sure, E, D or no.

Cheers,

Bob ;)