1912 Ford Model T

Rallychef

sorry folks, getting threads muddled # the Model T build will continue here (sorry again sean)

IMG_0865.jpg

well I managed to get a couple of mist coats of white primer onto the Viper bodyshell, so as that is being set aside to dry I decided to have a look at the "T". It is an airfix ford model T 1912, in a 1:32 scale, not sure when it was manufactured, I aquired it from e bay some time ago when nobody else seemed to be bothering to bid.

You forget how much poorer the mouldings were with these older kits, i have spent some 2 hours trimming off exess flash.

This is how we currently look.

IMG_0866.jpg

now to start filling the seemingly hundreds of sink marks in the kit, we may even get a bit of primer on before the days out.

I know that Henry Ford said you could have them in any colour you wanted, as long as it was black, but I am going with the colour scheme on the box artwork as I have seen many examples like it when I googled it for some research pictures.

cheers folks

regards Ian.

well I made the mistake of going back to the model T this morning, and despite my complaining about the poor castings & excess flash, once I got it cleaned up a bit its become an addictive little kit,

and I got a bit carried away, the wife's had me reported as a missing person!!!!!..... as the mechanics and the colour scheme is fairly basic, I have been able to crack on very well with the kit. Most of the paintings been done.

IMG_0868.jpg

So hopefully in the morning we will get a start to get it assembled, if i'm allowed back into the workshop.

regards Ian

and the model T, possibly the easiest left hand drive conversion in the history of model making

IMG_0873.jpg

enough for now

regards Ian

As I have said before, the model T is becoming a bit addictive, much of the assembly has been done today

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Just need windowscreen, roof canope and lamps to go on now

The kit came with a driver figure, but as we know, ebay purchases can have some problems, our driver has a bit of a disability !!!!!!.........

IMG_0867.jpg

I've never done any figure modelling before so I thought he might be a good project to start on. I have decided to try and pose him standing next to the car.I

Firstly I cut away from the waist, remodelled the arms and gave him a long trenchcoat. He has had a light coat of primer and has been set aside to dry. Tomorrow I will model his hands and legs with more milliput.

IMG_0877.jpg

Thats me for tonight, I'm off to do some research on figure painting from our millitary modelling friends

Thanks for now

Cheers Ian

not much work done to the model T, but I have made a display stand for it. an old picture frame, painted white, with a ceiling tile cut to size, painted and inserted. A backdrop was produced by finding a 1912 ford logo, printing onto photocard, then mounted on plasticard ~ a really pleasing result.

IMG_0923.jpg

How it may look when finished

IMG_0924.jpg

The 'T' just needs its lamps & roof , and the figure painted, so its getting close to finished.

Regards

Ian

Nice work Ian ............Please note everyone this is Ians build not mine

Nice looking Model T......well done..!

Ford Cheers,

ggc

• 2 weeks later...

finally managed to get back into the workshop, rubbed down the viper body (see other thread)and now to get the T finished, only the assembly to do

T189Images_0054.jpg

T189Images_0055.jpg

T189Images_0056.jpg

A very enjoyable build, initally started to get me away from my block with the dodge viper. After some initial concerns about the quality of the casting of the kit, I am really pleased with the results.

The Final result

T189Images_0057.jpg

Many thanks to those of you who took time to watch this build and for your kind comments

Many thanks

Ian D ~ rallychef

First ever GB-Finished :yahoo: