Decals for A-Model's Tu-114

Okay gang, I've decided I'm going to move ahead on this. I want to be completely clear on what's happening here. These decals are a combination of traditional silkscreen printing and laser printing. You will receive two 20x20cm (approximately 8x8") silkscreen printed sheets with markings for the prototype (SSSR-L5611) as it appeared when it brought Nikita Krushchev to the USA in 1959, and for the production Aeroflot scheme applied to the rest of the fleet. All required markings are provided, and are faithful to the many photos I have of them. Correct Japan Air Lines markings are provided for the two Tu-114s that carried them in the late 1960s for the Moscow-Tokyo interchange service between Aeroflot and JAL. The decals are made to fit the A-Model kit (and do), but do require you to do some painting. I didn't have room to include black anti-glare panels or antenna panels for the vertical fin,but they're both very easy to mask & paint, especially in this scale. A third 8.5x11" laser printed sheet containing all of the (correct size and style) registration lettering is also provided. This will be a continuous clear film sheet, but otherwise used just like any other decal. Before anyone asks, this is a complete package. Due to the color breakdown, it's not an either-or thing. You'll get everything you see here, and I can't sell them separately.

I am ONLY PRINTING 25 COPIES OF THIS DECAL!! I already have about 30% of them spoken for as of this afternoon. IF YOU WANT ONE, I counsel getting it NOW, as I WILL NOT BE REPRINTING IT - EVER. I want to make sure that's completely clear. This is a ONE TIME THING only. The market is just too small to even consider doing otherwise.

As it stands right now, the price will be US $30. Within the USA postage is free. Overseas I'll have to charge, but I'm not sure yet how much it will be. Probably not more than US $5.00. An image of the three sheets is below. If you have any questions, please feel free to fire away. If you want to order, you can send the money via PayPal to {[email protected]}. If for any reason the price changes or (heaven forbid) I end up not being able to do it, I'll let you know and/or refund your complete investment.

So without further ado, here's the decals:

J

PS: The reason for both black and dark blue Aeroflot titles for the prototype scheme is that it's impossible for me to tell which color they were from photos. Even color photos could be interpreted either way. So you get both, and you decide!

Tu-114decal.jpg