Italeri M923A1 'Big Foot' 6x6

Romeo Alpha Yankee

Here is my progress so far. Obligatory box top shot

boxtop.jpg

This being the first military vehicle build for about 6-7 years I am slowly getting into the groove. I have had some alignment issues but I am not phased.

I have got the major assemblies on the way to completition and have applied a base coat on them and the wheels to be able to progress.

So here are some pictures of progress so far, since taking these pictures I have applied some Mr Surfacer to some very visible ejector pin marks in the tray. I plan to include some cargo so most may be covered anyway.

parts2.jpg

parts1.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Some progress!

Just need to finish up the 50 cal and mount, add some cargo and apply a wash and some weathering. Aim to finsh by the weekend.

Bigfoot1.jpg

Bigfoot2.jpg

Bigfoot3.jpg

And here is my next build....

M109A6.jpg

Do I need to notifiy this in the participation thread?

Edited by TrojanThunder

Finshed!

I took it up to Sydney yesterday for the Battalion '08 competition. It did not rate as the quality of the entries were excellent. I was there making up the numbers. There were about 60 1/35 entires all in the one category.

Here is a picture from the tables.

BigFoot.jpg

:cheers:

Thanks Mish, I am happy with my first armour/soft skin kit in about 5 years and only the second 1/35 armour kit I have built. Looking at the competition I have a ways to go for a competition finish. Though I don't build for comps, I would be happy to learn and apply the techniques the winners use.

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...