Schlactschiff Bismarck

Phil Reeder

The complex cranes in the kit consist of ten parts,all fitted together almost perfectly.A vast improvement over other kits attempts at these cranes,all that remains to do to them ,is to add the cables.A start has been made on the guns,two cms light AA guns have been added to the aft structure,many more to follow.

Bye for now,Phil

SL271295.jpg

SL271296.jpg

Edited by Phil Reeder

It´s going good for you Phil,wish i had your stamina,havent touched my Bismarck for a week,well i have a injury on my back now,so i cant sit very long,mostly have to lie down,but soon my friend...i´ll be on the build.

It´s going good for you Phil,wish i had your stamina,havent touched my Bismarck for a week,well i have a injury on my back now,so i cant sit very long,mostly have to lie down,but soon my friend...i´ll be on the build.

I wish you a speedy recovery Tommi,From a fellow back-sufferer.all the best Phil

Somemore PE deckrailings have been added,along with most of the 2cms AA guns.(what was it that I said about very little PE ?)I`ve done the bridge wings folded back as they would have been,when at sea.Bye Phil

SL271298.jpg

SL271300.jpg

Edited by Phil Reeder

All The 2cms and 3.7 cms AA guns have been fitted,I`ve also now fitted the Radar gunnery aerials.These were PE from an old Tirpitz model,which serving as a "dockyard queen" for my new Bismarck.I`ve also used the Arado from it,and it awaits a coat of Kleer,and then the decals,Revell even include the unit badge for the aircraft.Bye Phil

SL271302.jpg

SL271304.jpg

SL271306.jpg

Phil; Great looking work...!! What a classic subject..!!

Cheers,

ggc

The Arado has had the decals added,but I can`t find a swastika small enough to fit the fin,because the kit was made in Germany ,none are included on the decal sheet .The heavy Flak guns ,10.5 cms,have been made and attached to the model,and I`ve made a start on the 15 cms gun turrets.both these and the main armament turrets haven`t got the blast covers included,it`s a wonder some enterprising accesssories manufacturer hasn`t produced any,so ,I`ll have to make my own,still you can`t have everything!

Bye for now ,Phil

SL271308.jpg

SL271311.jpg

I managed to find some swastikas for the Arado,I have been able to finish it,and fix it to the catapult.

SL271315.jpg

The next batch of pics shows my way of making blast-covers for the gun turrets:

SL271317.jpg

The aperture in the turret has been fill-in with Squadron body-putty,

SL271318.jpg

when dry,this is covered with a coat of Microscale Kristal kleer

SL271322.jpg

The cover is the painted off-white,when the MKK is dry,and the rest of the turret is painted,just needs a bit of re-touching.

Nearly there .Bye Phil

Edited by Phil Reeder

Fabulous work as always, Phil. Where did you get your swastikas from?

Tony :clif:

Hi Tony,the swastikas came from a decal sheet from "Bergermot"( I believe they are made in Eastern Europe,or Russia),they were so small I missed them,during first search of my decal stash,Thanks for the comments,All the best Phil

Hi Tony,the swastikas came from a decal sheet from "Bergermot"( I believe they are made in Eastern Europe,or Russia),they were so small I missed them,during first search of my decal stash,Thanks for the comments,All the best Phil

Thanks Phil. Must see if I can get some. I've two DKM ships recently finished and several more in the stash. Keep up the good work.

Tony

The 38cms(15")Turrets have been assembled,and I`ve used Milliput for the blast-bags,covered with MKK,it`s turned out to be quite effective ,I shall be using this way in the future.

When looking at some photos taken on board the Bismarck.I noticed that where the deckhouses met the deck,there was a dark gray line,up it,for about a foot.This I reproduced with a black pencil,simple,but effective.

Bye for now Phil

SL271323.jpg

SL271327.jpg

I`m nearing the end of this build,all that remains to be done is the rigging,and the main deck-railings.I am very pleased with Revells kit of the Bismarck,it is well worth the price,at £50,it is excellent value for money.I`m looking forward to the pending release of the Tirpitz,I shall be definately buying one of them. See you on Ready-for-Inspection ,in due course.

bye Phil

SL271334.jpg

A view of the completed midships section

SL271337.jpg

A start has been made on the rigging.

SL271338.jpg

Edited by Phil Reeder