Ooooooooooooh He's having a laugh!!!!!

neilfgr2

He's probably hoping to laugh all the way to the bank... now I don't know much about Phantoms (I know, hanging's too good for me :hanging: ), but £60 seems... errr... steep :hmmm:

found this on E-Bay... is this bloke having a laugh or what?????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hasegawa-Royal-Navy-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers,

Neil

Great Kenneth Williams impersonation there mate......I really thought it was the man himself but then realised it couldn't be as he's dearly departed.

60 squid? He's on drugs I think....what is society coming to?

Does seem a "Tad" over priced although the RN version of the FG-1 is getting quite hard to find these days. About time Hasegawa re-issued it.

Greg

Now if it were either of these then sixty notes for an as new unopened example would not be unreasonable.

HA09355.jpg

SP104.jpg

If it were either of these then we would be talking three figures!

PT109.jpg

PT121.jpg

Hmm, guess one man's £60 worth of rare kit is another man's overpriced old model. Haven't looked at the Ebay link yet, has anyone bid?

Greg i know about the F-4E Kai being pricey.

What i don't understans is why are these kits so dear?

Surely they're the bog std hase F-4 or F-15 just with special decal markings?

Can't see how a set of decals = major extra dosh.

They are indeed generally just the standard kits with special decals. However, if you collect them (as I and quite a few others do) the difference’s (box, decals & instructions) is what makes them collectable, also with many of the earlier specials the markings aren’t available elsewhere.

I think the F-4EJ Kai’s seem to command high prices as they aren’t issued in great number especially outside Japan, although 09556 the 8sq Panthers (two tone blue) machine is being re-released in Japan shortly.

Greg

Nobody bidding then????..........................if you do you could post in the "how much have you spent on one kit" thread. :whistling:

Well I know they're not the cheapest to buy from (the service is very quick, though) but Kingkit have five different incarnations of the FG 1 in stock at prices from £21.99 to £35.

Worth a look if you're searching for that oop kit.

http://www.kingkit.co.uk/kingkit/index.php

He's probably hoping to laugh all the way to the bank... now I don't know much about Phantoms (I know, hanging's too good for me :hanging: ), but £60 seems... errr... steep :hmmm:

Steep!!!!!!!!!!! It's bloody vertical!!!!!!!