RIAT photo question

jenshb

I was stood against the crowd line all day facing the runway, and my left arm got sun burned, so I'm thinking behind/left depending on the time of day. Can't remember getting the sun in shot at all...

The sun is behind you all day,it rises on the right side of the airfield and sets on the left side,so bring your sun screen cos if its anything like last year,you my friend are going to suffer without it.

The sun is behind you all day,it rises on the right side of the airfield and sets on the left side,so bring your sun screen cos if its anything like last year,you my friend are going to suffer without it.

Yeah, I saw a ginger haired guy last year that through my polarised Oakleys was actually purple on his neck & shoulders... I wouldn't have wanted to be his dermatologist! :S

Like the guys said Jens, behind and to the side as the day goes on. The only problem you might have is that from about 3-4 o'clock it is quite side on, putting half of the display into a silhouette. To some extent you can overcome that by going to the Western end (where it's also a lot quieter) and shooting towards the East.

What it also means is that as the static stays open 'til about 20:30 you can get some lovely setting sunlight on your static photos too.

Everybody keep :pray: that Mike's right about the need for sunscreen!

Steve.