Tim's F-15J build

Tim B

• 4 weeks later...

Like the Kraken I have laid dorment for too long. I shall rise! Pluck a virgin from the cliffs then descend to my lair and spray a white dragon on her back...

Anyway... Here's what I'll be attempting to put together:

picture164ea8.jpg

I'll also be using Gunze Aqueous paints for the first time on this build, which i'm awfully excited about :suicide:

Good choice Tim!!

May I suggest you get a set of Aires Featherless exhausts for that guy? That boxing of the Eagle only has the feathered ones.

Cheers

Mike

I was just looking at the kit and thinking the same...So Aires do good ones then? are there tons of tiny activators to struggle with?

Cheers,

Tim

I was just looking at the kit and thinking the same...So Aires do good ones then? are there tons of tiny activators to struggle with?

Cheers,

Tim

Tell you what Tim

Send me your addy and I will send you a set of the Hasegawa fettherless exhausts as they are nice. You will have to cut the PE actuators but they go right in. The Aires cans are beautiful though and well worth the dosh if you choose that route.

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks Mike! and good evening all. I have made progress. Not much, but some. I painted the seat once and it turned out like this:

Picture177-1.jpg

The green looked a bit 'icky' as Karl put it. and I wasn't really happy with it being a type A ACES II when it should be a type B (I think).

So I got another Aires ACES II type B seat and am currently painting it up:

Picture184.jpg

Hopefully I'll get the cockpit done and the front fuselage together by tomorrow evening. No promises :P

Cheers,

Timothy

Thanks people.

Just a quick update to let Mike know that the nozzles have arrived :wub: and got the electronics bay painted.. I can't take credit for painting the instrument panels. they are from the Eduard zoom set.

Picture202.jpg

Just the throttle to add, then the cockpit is just about done.

cya

Tim

Edited by Tim B

The front fuselage halves are together and after what seems like an age, the PE actuators are added to one of the exhaust nozzles...

Picture203.jpg

Now off to do the other one.

Getting the hang of this now..

Tim

Edited by Tim B