Polikarpov I-15 "Chato". Spanish Air Force. 1942.

Artie

Hi all...!!! I'd like to show you some pics of a little kit I built two years ago or so...It's the good Rest Models' 1/48 scale resin I-15 kit, a quite nice kit very easy to build.

I painted it to represent a plane deployed at La Rabasa air base, with the 32nd Assault Regiment, circa 1942. They were used as ground attack fighters by then...

Airbrushed with Humbrol enamels and slightly weathered with pastel chalks.

I hope you'll like it......

All the best...!!

chato2qi2.jpg

chato2qi2.70006d9005.jpg

chato3mf6.jpg

w800.png

chato4fl2.jpg

w800.png

chato6xv1.jpg

w800.png

chato7yx0.jpg

w800.png

Thanks, David.....Sorry, i can't understand what do you mean with "what's the deal with that kit" (poor english myself)....

The kit is from Rest Models from Ukraine. It's a resin and PE kit, but a real gem to build. Straight fit with no filler at all, nice instructions sheet, good quality decals, etc....

You can find them at

http://www.restmodels.com/

Best regards....

Thanks, David.....Sorry, i can't understand what do you mean with "what's the deal with that kit" (poor english myself)....

The kit is from Rest Models from Ukraine. It's a resin and PE kit, but a real gem to build. Straight fit with no filler at all, nice instructions sheet, good quality decals, etc....

You can find them at

http://www.restmodels.com/

Best regards....

Im sorry about that, Artie! Your English is spot on (excellent), sir. It was my mistake manners for phrasing it that way. Allow me to explain.

When somone says, "whats the deal?..." it's the same as saying, "Tell me more about that," or "I dont understand."

When you notice one of your kids has eaten all the cake, you'd say - "So whats the deal with THAT?!"

When you notice gas prices have gone up AGAIN for no good reason, you'd say - "So what the **%#^&* hell is with that!!"

See?

So, when you notice a really nice model that you have never heard of, you say....... "Whats the deal with that?"

As for Rest Models, they have some really nice looking stuff - it looks like someone who really knows what modelers like.

Besides, you have to really appreciate a company with their logo:

http://www.restmodels.com/pages/models/RM4805/I-5_m2.jpg

Edited by dahut

Thank you very much, guys.

David, that's much clearer now. Sometimes I can't understand the meaning of certains phrases, and gat in trouble trying to translate them...!!!!

Osher, the kit went together really well. Rest Models kits are highly advisable even for those moedlers not used to deal with resin kits. I found it very easy to work with, since the resin is top quality and the fittings are spot on. Just needed to be careful with the decals, as they are on the fragile side.

Cheers...