Dambusters markings

hatchet

I'm starting to look for markings to make a 617sqd Tornado GR.1B late in their grey/green days.

Does anyone know if the sqd marking on the nose of ZA457/AJ-J in this picture is available anywhere? Also, the red/black AJ-x codes seem hard to come by.

I got the Sea Eagles (actually several, both from an Airfix Buccaneer and the Airfix RAF/NATO Weapons Set) and the pylons should be reasonably easy to scratch.

Scale is 1/72.

TIA

:viking:

Hi There Martin

As far as know there is no decal company that has done the nose markings for that Tornado, the only decals i have seen are on the Xtradecal sheet no xo51-72 they include the red AJF code and the serial no of the aircraft is za474 . if you want the decals you can gladly have them.

Kind Regards

Craig

Hi There Martin

As far as know there is no decal company that has done the nose markings for that Tornado, the only decals i have seen are on the Xtradecal sheet no xo51-72 they include the red AJF code and the serial no of the aircraft is za474 . if you want the decals you can gladly have them.

Kind Regards

Craig

Great Craig, what do you want in return?

(yup, saw it was the grey/grey scheme)

Awww...Why are you spoiling the kit & doing a 61spare kite?

Do something with class,panache & balls like a 17f Sqn Tornado GR1 from THE BEST Tornado SQN BAR none! :yahoo:

I'll be doing one of those too, don't worry :lol:

BTW, did they get to fly with Storm Shadow before they lost their Fins?

Guest Drewe
Nope,Fraid not,We left Bruggen,went into mothballs & emerged as the BEST Typhoon Squadron bar NONE!

Not saying much. Correct me if I'm wrong but when you emerged again you were the ONLY Typhoon squadron! :analintruder:

Sheesh, next we'll have someone from Shiny-Twelve claiming to be the best Buccaneer squadron bar none. And conveniently forgetting about 809!

FLY NAVY!

Edited by Drewe

Not saying much. Correct me if I'm wrong but when you emerged again you were the ONLY Typhoon squadron! :analintruder:

Sheesh, next we'll have someone from Shiny-Twelve claiming to be the best Buccaneer squadron bar none. And conveniently forgetting about 809!

FLY NAVY!

Exactamundo!

That's why 17 were the first,you always give the best to the best....

809???..Who were they anyway? Was'nt that the telephone extension number for the dog section?? :wicked:

The only time I've ever seen those markings on decals is the 1/48 Airfix GR.4. I know, because I built one with those markings (and did quite a good job of it if I do say so myself). The GR.1B kit they did had 617 Sqn markings, but it was the black/red flashes either side of the roundel, without the dam logo. Again, that was 1/48 scale, so not a lot of use...

Edited by Bobski

The only time I've ever seen those markings on decals is the 1/48 Airfix GR.4. I know, because I built one with those markings (and did quite a good job of it if I do say so myself). The GR.1B kit they did had 617 Sqn markings, but it was the black/red flashes either side of the roundel, without the dam logo. Again, that was 1/48 scale, so not a lot of use...
Damn weird there's nno markings for them!

Although, judging by other sheets and pictures, it appears that the flashes-and-crest is a museum marking. Other than the grey/green museum bird, I've only seen it on grey/grey birds. The three-letter ident is another matter tho'.