Italeri 1:24 scale "Blacktros" wip

Hi Guys

This is a kit of the Mercedes Benz Actros Black Edition. Known as the "Blacktros" it's a limited edition of 250 units painted in gloss black with silver trimmings. Each unit has a 610 horsepower V8 engine and the executive interior. As far as I know only 3 have made it into the UK. All 250 are left hand drive.

IMAG0001-39.jpg

IMAG0002-39.jpg

This is going to be an occasional build so watch this space.

Pete

Edited by Stormbringer

Hi Folks

I've made a bit more progress on the Blacktros, The Chassis frame is done as is the engine, both are now ready to have paint thrown at them.

IMAG0003-38.jpg

IMAG0004-35.jpg

IMAG0005-29.jpg

IMAG0006-23.jpg

Pete

Edited by Stormbringer

Hi all,

I've been doing some research on the Actros Black Edition (to give it it's correct name) and evidently there were actually 15 imported into the UK, they cost £84,000 and I'd love one being a trucker myself.

Pete

Having driven a couple of Actros tractor units I'd reccomend them too. I'm stuck with a Daf CF at the moment.

To be honest I wasn't planning on detailing the engine and chassis, I'm not sure I have the patience.

Pete

Hi all

yet more progress on the Blacktros. I must admit that I'm enjoying this build. The kit is typical Italeri and so far is going together fairly well. I just wish Italeri would do a bit more research on British vehicle registration numbers. This truck was introduced last year yet they give a registration number from around the year 2000.

1, exhaust fitted

IMAG0019-3.jpg

2,exhaust and front axle.

IMAG0020-3.jpg

3,right side with wheels temporarily fitted.

IMAG0022-4.jpg

4,left side as above

IMAG0023-2.jpg

Pete

• 2 months later...

Hi Pete, nice to see another Actros being built, can I make a suggestion?

When you take photos try to take them on a clear bit of bench or light background as it is hard to make out the model from the junk in the background, I am sure you will appreciate the photos more and so will we, hope that doesn't offend you mate.

Ted

• 5 weeks later...

hi there was one of these tractor units in a local contract hire company which i have a photo of its only head on so if you want me to pm it to you i can they were a lovely

looking vehicle and great inside it was used as a shunter until june last year and it was sold for about a third of its price and it was only three years old

• 2 months later...

Hi folks

I've finally picked up the Blacktros and done a little more.

1: Instrument panel decal added

SP_A0175.jpg

2: Light clusters painted and warning decals added

SP_A0177.jpg

3: Silver trim added to side panel and marker light painted

SP_A0179.jpg

Pete

PS has the site been down for a while because for some time I have been unable to access it. It's only been in the last couple of days that I've been able to get back on.