richc's JASDF F-104J build

AnonymousFY21

You're making a bloody good job of this Rich, even though you are taking your time about it (leaving self open to comments on Valiant :blush: ). Final strait now matey... don't snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory! :yahoo:

(Plus, you'll make Mike look bad if you beat him :wicked: )

Thanks for the comments so far guys.

Well it's finally finished, my first completed kit since 1985.

Built pretty much OOB, but with just a few small additions to the bang seat and the canopy. The canopy framing is very evident on Zipper's, and I couldn't just ignore it.

A special thanks goes to all on here for the encouragement and inspiration, from seeing a lot of extreme modelling talent.

:mike:

Just one finished pic for now. The rest will be posted in the JASDF group build gallery later.

_DSC1558.jpg

Cheers for looking

rich

I think Rich has an unfair advantage though... because he's small already, these fiddly things seem larger to him, so therefore easier to paint. I think we should make him model exclusively in 1:144 from now on :wicked:

I think Rich has an unfair advantage though... because he's small already, these fiddly things seem larger to him, so therefore easier to paint. I think we should make him model exclusively in 1:144 from now on :wicked:

:fight:

You'd best put shin guards on my lad. :analintruder:

Thanks Mike, it's finishing that counts and you're nearly there.

rich