1:35 Hobby Boss Leopard 2A4

BadCop

Thanks Andy and Tango.

Okay - the first part I'm going to have a go at for weatherising is adding some built up mud around the suspension and road wheels.

I made up a gluggy mix of some Pledge One Go (Australian Future), some Gunze Mahogany Brown, some dried up gritty looking stuff that's labelled as Scatter that I got from the LHS (Railway stuff?), as well as a little talcum powder (not pictured). The future will bind everything together, the Talc should take the gloss off the future, the paint give a nice dark brown, and the scatter give it a nice muddy texture once it's dried.

L2A4035.jpg

Then this mix was slopped liberally about the road wheels and suspension.

L2A4036.jpg

Thanks Mish.

A little more progress - an overall dusting of pigments over the tank, mixed in with odorless thinner, then sealed in with a flat coat. The look is a little dustier than I'd like but good enough for now.

L2A4057.jpg

L2A4056.jpg

All that's left now is to add the antennas and a few final touches of weathering.

Thanks Mike, Mish and Pete. I'd hardly say I'm especially good at this stuff, more persistent. In the past two years I've cranked out about 25 or so armour kits, enough that even someone like me manages to pick up a few things.

I've added the Radio aerials to the turret from stretched black sprue, and I'm finally calling this thing done, unless I spot something I've missed. Here's a quick picture before I get a chance to take some decent ones in the sunlight tomorrow.

L2A4078.jpg

• 2 months later...