Tamiya FW190

Rodders

Hi All,

Can any Luftwaffe modeller help.

Just getting to the main painting stage of the 190F8, and looking at the paint instructions they don't seem to show any mottle. They show the main camouflage, but other than the box art which doesn't show much i can't see how to do the mottle.

Does anyone know where i could check if any of them had mottle, and where i can get any references.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Rodders.

Late-war 190s quite often had mottling applied only to the sub-contracted tail and power egg elements, although often additional camouflage was applied in the field, particularly it seems, to F-series aircraft in Schlacht units. Which aircraft are you doing? I may well have refs.

Nick

Late-war 190s quite often had mottling applied only to the sub-contracted tail and power egg elements, although often additional camouflage was applied in the field, particularly it seems, to F-series aircraft in Schlacht units. Which aircraft are you doing? I may well have refs.

Nick

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I was going to do either the box top white 7, or the double chevron machine. Any help would be good.

Thanks,

Rodders.

Steven has kindly illustrated the kind of thing I had in mind: I'll have a look this evening for the particular a/c you're after, stand by.

In the meantime, here's a slightly dodgy colour pic of an F-8 with old style canopy from the same period carrying Luftflotte IV recognition markings.

chevron2.jpg

Nick

Rodders, I've just gone through about 10 books and everything on my HD, but I'm afraid I haven't been able to turn up any original photos. There's something I should be remembering about "Green<<+-", but maybe it's False Memory Syndrome. Udvar-Hazy's F-8 is done up as "White 7", so one would assume that it's documented somewhere.

Sorry, this is no help at all really, but at least no-one will be able to say you got it wrong!

Nick

Rodders, I've just gone through about 10 books and everything on my HD, but I'm afraid I haven't been able to turn up any original photos. There's something I should be remembering about "Green<<+-", but maybe it's False Memory Syndrome. Udvar-Hazy's F-8 is done up as "White 7", so one would assume that it's documented somewhere.

Sorry, this is no help at all really, but at least no-one will be able to say you got it wrong!

Nick

Thanks so much for looking, you,ve gone the extra mile. Appreciate all your your help, and yours Steve.

Cheers,

Rodders.