Guest VAMPIRE

Guest VAMPIRE

hi just buliding revells 737

need some help got some new decals for it but they are for a 737 300

and the kit is 737 800 is there any diferance if so how much do i have to cut up

thanks

and the kit is 737 800 is there any diferance if so how much do i have to cut up

thanks

737-800 is 39.47m long.

737-300 is 33.4m long.

So you would have to lose 6.07m However it is divided between in front of the wing and behind the wing the ratios of which I'm not sure of.

thanks

Hello,

The 800 is a different aircraft than the 300. Different wing, higher tail, different

engine cowlings, the lenght etc.

If you want to build a B737-300, you need to buy a Skyline (Daco) or Minicraft model.

The Skyline one is absolutely the best. Hannants carries both. There is plenty of new

decals for the 800 variant as well out there.

Happy modelling,

Ruben Husberg

www.lndecals.com

-300, -400, and -500 are the second generation of 737. -600 to -900 are the third. In fact, 3rd generation 737 is a totally different aircraft, with only general size and scheme being the same.

From Revell kit you can do -600, -700 and -800 (and -900 + -700 or -600 from two revell kits). The cutting scheme for the revell kits is here:

http://www.drawdecal.com/alaska/737NG-conversions.pdf

Enjoy!

• 5 weeks later...

Yes Jennings but that is a simple length conversion from 800 to 700, both are 737 NG (Next Generation) aeroplanes.

The -300 is the "classic" 737, while the -800 is NG - as pointed out by Petros, this has different (20% bigger) wings, wheels, stabs and vertical stabiliser and stands about two feet higher off the ground. The -800 is the NG equivalent of the -400, while the -700 is the equivalent of the -300 in configuration.

Either a -400 or -800 kit could be converted relatively easily into its respective shorter counterpart, but it is not really viable to convert one into the smaller one of the other generation, especially if there are decent kits of both types available.

Yes Jennings but that is a simple length conversion from 800 to 700, both are 737 NG (Next Generation) aeroplanes.

The -300 is the "classic" 737, while the -800 is NG - as pointed out by Petros, this has different (20% bigger) wings, wheels, stabs and vertical stabiliser and stands about two feet higher off the ground. The -800 is the NG equivalent of the -400, while the -700 is the equivalent of the -300 in configuration.

Either a -400 or -800 kit could be converted relatively easily into its respective shorter counterpart, but it is not really viable to convert one into the smaller one of the other generation, especially if there are decent kits of both types available.

Right, I know that (I'm writing a book on the 737 as we speak), but what I'm saying is, you can't just remove "x" number of windows from any NG airplane to get another NG airplane. The frame size varies widely down the length of the fuselage (and thus, the window spacing). The window spacing everywhere except for the over-wing section (Section 44) is varied, and different from variant to variant. Thus, you have to cut a specified length out of a kit to get the right fuselage length, rather than just a certain number of windows. That's why you really have to fill in the windows (which are too low on the side of the fuselage anyway) and use decals for any NG airplane.

J