Revell TriStar cutaway.

GCA333

Hello! Here is my first build report.

I saw that Revell had a TriStar with interior and it seemed really cool/rare. I posted a Wanted ad on ARC, within a day, someone on ARC, Frank, posted back saying he had the fuselage. He sent it to me and it came yesterday.

Well, The kit is really cool. It was painted in Lockheed House colours. It only included the fuselage so I'll pic of a Hobbycraft/Revell kit for everything else.

Today I bought some Simple Green cleaner to strip the paint off the fuselage, which is what is happening right now.

I will most likely finish it in BA Landor colours with decals from S&M.

Pics will come soon!

Edited by GCA333

Hi CJ,

Cool, I gotta find me one, I have some nice after market engines from Flying Colors, I was looking for a Otaki one, but when one comes up like a blue moon, the price is, well, I'm not ready to re-mortgage the house.

Jesse

LOL.

I've heard the 1/100 ones are better. The Otaki one is nice from what I've heard. If you build VF's, the Welsh kit is great from what people say.

I've finally got the smell of Simple Green out from my hands. The paint comes right off after soaking it for a little bit. I have a bit of a job to do. It doesn't have any overhead compartments so it looks odd. I have to scrath build some, as well as find interior pics. Anyone have any?