Big Heinkel 177A-5

Hi there, just couldn't resist starting another one while waiting for the Sperrin and others to dry in the paint shop!! This time it's something with spinny bits, MPM's rather lovely HE 177 in 1./48th scale. This is as far as I've got using the Eduard cockpit update sets and it's the first model for a long time that I will build OOB except for cockpit !!, as I feel the other ( expensive) sets are not really needed and I need a break from resin, super detailing and scratch building for a ( short) while :hypnotised: . Feel a diorama coming on... :hmmm:

The model is superb ,only prob for newbies will be the lack of locating lugs , but this is only a minor gripe, the rest of the kit falls together...

Next stage will be silver pencil scratching of the cockpit , high lighting, a lot more wiring and the U/C detailing. Using the Warpaint ( Kev Darling) and Manfred Griehl/Dressel books for reference...

Looking forward to trying out my new Custom Micron CM-C Plus on the finish.

Thanks for looking, much more to come,

Andy

P1040065Medium.jpg

P1040073Medium.jpg

P1040046Medium.jpg

P1040060Medium.jpg

P1040058Medium.jpg

P1040057Medium.jpg

P1040079Medium.jpg

P1040061Medium.jpg

Good Lord General, have you not noticed that the thing has dirty great black crosses on the side?? Consorting with the enemy, what??!! :angrysoapbox.sml:

Seriously, that's another cool machine! I fondly remember building the Airfix one years ago (it was then probably closer to WW2 than it is to today!! :blush: )

I keep meaning to get the Revell 1/72 kit - certainly haven't got room for the MPM monster!!

Good start on the 'pit, looking forward to seeing this one come along!

Keef

Cheers Keef old sport, , know what you mean, I appear to have turned into a ruddy Jerry 'morse tapper' ,don't you know :analintruder: !!.,great ugly old bird ( the plane I mean !),used to have a nasty tendency of bursting into flames when the coupled DB 603"s had had enough !!!!

I also had the old Airfix kit that went the same way as the real thing :boom: and have the Revell A-5 as well, lovely kit , this thing is almost as good but a hell of a lot bigger ,(and a lot more expensive!).

PS ...Don't worry, the Sperrin is almost done :wicked:

Thanks Wolfpack, that looks a corker, have heard of quite a few long builds, things like needing brass wing spars doesn't help matters !!! but I"d like to get it done before I draw my pension :clif::D

Andy

Nice cockpit (Latin: cockus pitus) there Melchie... very smart! :thumbsup: What's with the partially completed bus-stop sign in the fuselage though? :dunce:

btw - CD arrived today thanks! :yahoo:

Cheers Mike , glad it arrived safe and sound , now get weaving :jump_fire: .The' bus stop' (some people eh!) is actually the ammo feed support for the MG 131-1 machine guns in the aft dorsal turret, lots more detail that no one will ever see :banghead:

Could be worse . how about ' cockus uppus maximus" if I finish this before the " other one " :P

Edited by general melchett

Thanks Al , hope the books coming in use ! ... :thumbsup2: Did you look at the Aires set ?

Cheers ,

Andy

Saw it, got it, badabing, badaboom! Also invested in the Fisher intake set.

Bit miffed that the three open cockpit set from Golden Dragon had sold out when i thought i was getting the last one though :( gotta scratch it myself now!