2 x Noordyn Norseman in 1/72

rhusberg

Hei,

In 2006/07 IPMS Norway had a group build of the Norseman, and I decided to join in

building two in 1/72. I have still not finished them, so I have to call it a long time project.....

I decided to built two MK IV's, Canadien Pacific CF-BAW on old type skis, using Whiskey Jack

Decals and Wideroe of Norway LN-BIT on floats, using my first decal, LN72-501 for Wideroe

and Polarfly.

The good old Matchbox kit is not a real MK IV or MK VI, the two most produced variants, but is

closest to a MK IV.

For those of you have seen Nils Mathisrud build of his Wideroe bird on other forums, will see that

I have tried to copy as mutch as I can of his work, as he is one of the greatest builder anytime in Norway.

One very visible thing with the Norseman, is the thick double side walls. You can nearly put

flowerpots inside the windows.....

So thats the first thing I had to do, try to replicate that, making new inner walls and box in the windows.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Then it's time to take care of the "front office", as the kit parts its no close to the real thing.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Then it's time for some chairs, as the kit only supplies some fun looking ones for the cockpit...

5.jpg

6.jpg

Some more detailing inside the cabin before we are closing the halves...

7.jpg

8.jpg

Thats what I have done with the fuselages so far. But I had to make a pair of new

skis, as the one supplied in the kit is just a joke. I have a scan of the original brochure

from the producer of the skis, giving all dimensions etc, so it was just to start from scratch.

9.jpg

If I remember correctly, there is 22 parts on eack ski...

10.jpg

So now I only have to finish them....

Happy modelling,

Ruben Husberg

www.lndecals.com

Great Ruben!

Finish one in the Dutch scheme pleaseplease?

A Norseman is being restored in the Aviodrome in Lelystad currently, I saw it yeasterday; She's standing on her own wheels with fuselage covered in green doped linen and the frame in chromate yellow primer..

Hi Ruben,

These are going to be real nice, hope you will finish them soon, now Ruben, two at a time! aren't we a bit greedy :lol::lol:

Jesse

Hi Jesse,

The idea was that it should be quicker to do two at the same time, than finish one and then start

on the second..... but I got little tired of all the work involvet and put them aside. But hopefully I

will get the inspiration back and continue on them this authum. But first I have to finish a Mig-21,

DC-4 and a BAE146...

Happy modelling,

Ruben

Great Ruben!

Finish one in the Dutch scheme pleaseplease?

A Norseman is being restored in the Aviodrome in Lelystad currently, I saw it yeasterday; She's standing on her own wheels with fuselage covered in green doped linen and the frame in chromate yellow primer..

Sorry, no Dutch ones.... I'm glad to hear that the restoration is going well. I had the pleasure of visiting Lelystad

back in 2006, when on a spottertrip to AMS. At our local aviation museum, Flyhistorisk Museum Sola (Stavanger),

we have a fully restored one in Fjellfly cs, LN-BDT. I will release laserprinted decal for this one later on....

Happy modelling,

Ruben

www.lndecals.com

Hi Ruben,

Yeah, I hear ya, I never do two or more at the time for the reasons you put those aside, I guess it's a matter of taste, I prefer to finish the I start and go after another one after and I always take a week of not doing anything, and then it's back to the drawing board.

T/care

Jesse