Aconcagua Tucano T1

Took me 3 months to build this. It's mainly resin with etched parts for the cockpit, aerials, flap actuators etc, white metal nose gear leg & a few other bits & pieces with injected main gear legs with vacformed canopy & landing/nav light covers. The resin is like granite & resists any sanding, sawing or drilling. Fit & quality is really very good. Main problems are the flaps & their very fiddley actuators; I'm still not convinced that the flaps are correctly positioned. The vac formed lamp covers are a joke - I refuse to believe that anyone can cut them out & attach them properly!! I made my own for the landing light covers from clear sheet & the nav lights are simply clear sprue, sanded to shape, polished & coloured with Humbrol clear colour paint. The model is very heavy & most of the weight is behind the main gear; I crammed as much weight into the nose as I could but it's still a tail-sitter. Decals are kit stencils & Model Allinance for the main markings. Kit decals looked OK but I didn't fancy the yellow flashes used on the only scheme provided on the sheet. The MA sheet includes the over all roundel blue display aircraft - maybe next time!

DSCN0030.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg

Great looking model Graham. Like that a lot. How did you get such a good finish.......... I always struggle with overall gloss black paint jobs.

We get quite a few of these flying over the house. They sound really mean for such a small aeroplane............fast as well. Must be a lot of fun to fly. B) Regards,

Gary.

Edited by rdxtnt

Brilliant work on kit that I have heard is a bit of fun to construct!

Lovely finish and the cockpit detail is amazing!

one thing that looks odd (to me anyway!) is the undercarriage?!? It looks like the plane is on tippytoes, like the gear legs are moulded as "in-flight" with the oleos not compressed as they would be on the ground? Not taking anything away from your super build, just an observation :speak_cool:

See what I mean?

raf_tucano_2.jpg

Edited by mikeew

Brilliant work on kit that I have heard is a bit of fun to construct!

Lovely finish and the cockpit detail is amazing!

one thing that looks odd (to me anyway!) is the undercarriage?!? It looks like the plane is on tippytoes, like the gear legs are moulded as "in-flight" with the oleos not compressed as they would be on the ground? Not taking anything away from your super build, just an observation :speak_cool:

Thanks Mike.....I rather suspect you're right about the stance - especially with the nose gear but then I don't think this is the first kit where the manufacturer has made that mistake!

Hi

The main oleos are too long as I found out on a test run.

PA160043.jpg

I had to shorten them to get the right sit. You're dead right about the wing lights!

PB210053.jpg

But it does make up into a beautiful looking aircraft

PB210048.jpg

regards

Chris

Hi

The main oleos are too long as I found out on a test run.

PA160043.jpg

I had to shorten them to get the right sit. You're dead right about the wing lights!

PB210053.jpg

But it does make up into a beautiful looking aircraft

PB210048.jpg

regards

Chris

Hey Chris how did you replicate the MDC in the canopy?

Hey Chris how did you replicate the MDC in the canopy?

The MDC is white decal, if and when I ever make another I would use thinner decal or even mask it off. I got mine from Luis Santos in the USA via http://llama84.tripod.com/id4.html I cant remember how much. They are however available from Aeroclub, I dont know the price though.

regards

Chris

Only just noticed this one Graham - very nice build indeed. And ONLY three months? That's not an overly long time for a build of that quality.

I wondered if I'd see you around here eventually :)

Steve.