SACG SH-360 Aonyx

damian

Hi guys!

Well it all started when our own infragable JJF posted that the first person to ask would get a chance to build his creation found here

I got in first like the greedy African I am and as a result of this I now have the following items:

Picture037.jpg

The items included are:

1 x UH-60

1 x SH-3

0.5 x CH-46

Mic. bits of plastic "greeblies"

4 x C-130 turbo props (soon to be used!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

So thats a whole heck of a lot of plastic! :o I've begun fiddling about as yopu'll soon see but major work on this is on hold until I'm done with my SAAF MiG.

JJF proposed two versions, the first was an amphibian UH-60, the second was an SH-3 with the UH-60's power train.

By way of some "encouragement yet to be sent" I got John to do the following profile based off the line work:

472_02_08_08_5_37_09.jpg

As you can see I settled on the SACG/SAKW scheme :) Providence then smiled upon me at George airport where I got this pic:

Picture053.jpg

Now I have a profile and a few pics to use as well as some spiffy decals on the way. I'll be using the Silver Falcons' crest as a ficticious service crest in my little world. But enough rambling on to the early mock ups!!!

1. Here I've got the SH-3 sponsons on the side to give to an idea of my evolution. The UH-60 power train has obviously not been moved as yet but I've got one (1) UH-60 rotor blade in the SH-3 rotor hub.

Picture044.jpg

Picture045.jpg

2. Here's what I'll be replacing the sponsons with: CH-46 sponsons taken from the half Frog that was sent. She'll be in flight so I'll make up some grear doors for fully retracted main gear once the build is under way. Please note that as this is just a mock up the CH-46 sponsons haven't been cleaned up fully at this point.

Picture046.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture049.jpg

As you can see I may be incorporating more parts from the CH-46 as I go along. Also to be added are a hoist, thimble radar and a FLIR pod/turret.

There I'm done >phew<

D

ps. Still don't have a name for the SH-360, was think of KingHawk? Any suggestions?? :D

pps. I also don't know if I'll use the 4 blade UH-60 hub or the 5 blade SH-3 hub. If its the latter I need to find another UH-60 rotor blade :)

Edited by damian

interesting build mate, Sea Kings are my first love.... :wub:

to keep it technically correct, can i suggest using the UH-60 head? i doubt if the Sea King head would fit the UH-60 gearbox in real life. however, a 5 bladed head would be better suited to the larger airframe. hmm, decisions eh?

interesting build mate, Sea Kings are my first love.... :wub:

to keep it technically correct, can i suggest using the UH-60 head? i doubt if the Sea King head would fit the UH-60 gearbox in real life. however, a 5 bladed head would be better suited to the larger airframe. hmm, decisions eh?

Isn't that always the way with life, decisions, decisions. In the end I may just go with the UH-60 hub as the P.T. involved in getting one more UH-60 blade may just be too much :)

Been thinking about how this sucker would operate and I've decided to emulate the USGC HH-60J scheme with a black front end. All appologies to John for the buchery of his profile :P

H-3_Variant_1_Damien2_2ver2.jpg

What do you think of the new scheme??

D

D

Edited by damian

Its got a name now :)

Jeff and I were just discussing this. I've come up with" SH-360 Aonyx. Also I tweaked the profile for a second time:

H-3_Variant_1_Damien2_2ver3.jpg

Now which one to do??

D

Edited by damian

Ok got a minute amount of progress to show off :) This is my first real kitbash as most of my whiffs are just different paint schemes and weapons. Needless to say I'm quite nervous as my skills are no where near the JHM/Eddie M. levels :(

Ok on to the pics!

1. I've seperated the tail of the UH-60 as well as its roof. For the tail I want to combine it with the SH-3 part at the hinge for an easier join on the Hasegawa fuselage and it will raise the tail for waterborne ops.

Picture0441.jpg

2. The roof will interesting as the UH-60 roof is 4.3cm wide while the SH-3 is 3.5cm wide. I don't want to simply widen the fuselage because then the clear parts won't fit. Oh well I have time to ponder my solution :D

Picture04411.jpg

Thats all for now folks! Any suggestions, crits or comments are most welcomed!!

D