Hey, this is a lot easier than actually building them

Sorry, folks, lots of posts tonight. All 1/72. Hope you enjoy them. Fly (Royal) Navy.

Hasegawa Hellcat, British Pacific Fleet, own decals

hellcat.jpg

Hasegawa Corsair, British Pacific Fleet

corsair.jpg

Matchbox Buffalo, Royal Navy Fighter Pool, Yeovilton, own decals

buffalo.jpg

Academy Wildcat as a FAA Martlet, own decals

wildcat.jpg

Revell Sea Hurricane

hurri.jpg

Airfix Hellcat, British East Indies Fleet

hellcat2.jpg

Frog Skua, own decals

skua.jpg

Edited by gengriz

Nice selection. Does the Airfix Hellcat come with folding wings, or did you do that yourself?

It comes with folding wings. Unfortunately, because of the way they have done them, it is actually quite difficult to get satisfactory unfolded wings (the joints are almost impossible to do smoothly).

Very nice. So lets get this straight, they are all 1/72 and the Corsair's wings actually fold and unfold.

WOW!!!

It comes with folding wings. Unfortunately, because of the way they have done them, it is actually quite difficult to get satisfactory unfolded wings (the joints are almost impossible to do smoothly).

I'm absolutely gobsmacked with your output rate!

Amazing stuff...... :clap2:

Have we met? I'm in Chippenham, also one of the IPMS Avon mob.

drop me an PM sometime.

Regards

Rich

Very nice. So lets get this straight, they are all 1/72 and the Corsair's wings actually fold and unfold.

WOW!!!

Sorry, Cop, I'm not that clever ! The kit comes with the option to build in either position - but poor engineering means that it is very difficult to get a good result with them unfolded.

I wouldn't really recommend the kit although the Roy Cross box art is stonking. This one was a last minute "token" Xmas present from my wife several years ago when we were away from home (the real pressy was at home: the 1/72 Concorde, which is still under the bed unbuilt) - I said anything 1/72 and RN!

I'm absolutely gobsmacked with your output rate!

Amazing stuff...... :clap2:

Have we met? I'm in Chippenham, also one of the IPMS Avon mob.

drop me an PM sometime.

Regards

Rich

Hi Rich, Probably not met (I'm definitely a closet modeller!) although I generally go to the Avon Show and always to the FAA Museum ones. Living in Bath although I am currently based in Corsham (above the bunkers).

FredT

ps. we are about 1/3 way through my (built) kit collection so far. Haven't even started on the Helicopters, other nations and biplanes yet ! :evil_laugh: :evil_laugh:

Edited by gengriz