XH558 a no go for Waddo....

geedubelyer

Hi blokes and babes,

I've just seen on "Look North" that XH558 will not be flying at Waddington as hoped :raincloud:

She'll presumably miss the Falklands celebrations too. :fraidnot:

I'm sure the guys 'n' gals have been pulling out all of the stops but some things are not meant to be.

Yours sincerely

Disappointed in Lincolnshire! :badmood:

Hi everyone...many of you probably know this already, but the Vulcan is scheduled for the Elvington show later in the year. Let's hope for the best?

Best wishes, Geoff :undecided:

Just as she's looking like really making it, now seems she'll miss most if not all of the UK display season - meaning rather than sit in a hanger, she'll be off around the world so we get to see her last. Better last than never I say though.

Great job them guys are doing

Great shame indeed, though can't say its much of a suprise. Am I right in thinking that they are provisionally booked for RIAT a couple of weeks later?

Best guy to ask here is ''Flipflopman'' he is currently working on XH558

He has been doing a few Updates for us HERE

Also he is on the Forum on the HERE

Great shame indeed, though can't say its much of a suprise. Am I right in thinking that they are provisionally booked for RIAT a couple of weeks later?

Just recieved my FRIAT Tickets this morning and among the blurb supplied is a piccy and a quote "Be among the first to say I was there as the formidable Vulcan XH-558 takes to the skies*"

* Subject to confirmation ;)

Just recieved my FRIAT Tickets this morning and among the blurb supplied is a piccy and a quote "Be among the first to say I was there as the formidable Vulcan XH-558 takes to the skies*"

* Subject to confirmation ;)

booked for 2 days & staying in a B&B about 50 minutes away, which Caz has stayed in before & reckons is lully :D

Hi chaps and chapesses,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but 558 won't be making an appearance at Waddo this year.

We've genuinely worked our spuds off, in order to get her there, but sadly it doesn't look like this is going to be possible at all. We're still awaiting a few components back from the OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturers) which will need to be fitted before the functionals take place.

EE Lightning,

558 isn't actually 'scheduled' for any airshows other than Waddo and RIAT this year, and those were only provisional. All of the other airshows are on our "Wish List" as in, we will make them if possible.

Gents, I'm genuinely as gutted as you that she's slipped. It's honestly out of our hands, as we can't fit parts if we haven't got them, and 16 hours a day at work is enough for any man!! Hopefully there stands a very good chance that XH558 will be able to actually display fully at Duxford, but that is 'off the record'

If any of you were watching the 'Vulcan to the skies' programme on the History Channel, ignore the Brummie at the end. I.... I mean HE was nervous!!

Flipflopman

Sadly mate,

And as much as I shouldn't be saying this, highly, highly unlikely.

As I said, hopefully, she'll be at the later displays of the year, but for true, rehearsed, authorised full displays, it looks like 2008 will be XH558's year.

Flipflopman

That's a shame Ron, but we appreciate you keeping us updated... it's FAR FAR better than listening to all the heresay & baseless speculation elsewhere :rolleyes:

I think I'll just have a quiet cry about RIAT now, as Caz especially was wanting to see her so badly there :crying:

Hi chaps and chapesses,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but 558 won't be making an appearance at Waddo this year.

We've genuinely worked our spuds off, in order to get her there, but sadly it doesn't look like this is going to be possible at all. We're still awaiting a few components back from the OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturers) which will need to be fitted before the functionals take place.

EE Lightning,

558 isn't actually 'scheduled' for any airshows other than Waddo and RIAT this year, and those were only provisional. All of the other airshows are on our "Wish List" as in, we will make them if possible.

Gents, I'm genuinely as gutted as you that she's slipped. It's honestly out of our hands, as we can't fit parts if we haven't got them, and 16 hours a day at work is enough for any man!! Hopefully there stands a very good chance that XH558 will be able to actually display fully at Duxford, but that is 'off the record'

If any of you were watching the 'Vulcan to the skies' programme on the History Channel, ignore the Brummie at the end. I.... I mean HE was nervous!!

Flipflopman

A fantastic and informative programme.....I watched it enthralled - even if it did include a nervous Brummies!!! Well done , and keep up the fantastic work!! WE appreciate it!!

Sadly mate,

And as much as I shouldn't be saying this, highly, highly unlikely.

As I said, hopefully, she'll be at the later displays of the year, but for true, rehearsed, authorised full displays, it looks like 2008 will be XH558's year.

Flipflopman

Didn't think so but thanks....had to ask.....big thanks to you and your colleagues for all your hard work, it will be worth it.

It'll be worth the wait to see authorised wing overs next year...perhaps 558 and Nimrod could try a formation climbing left right split and wingover....what a dream!

Rich....son of a V bomber pilot...but not Vulcans!

Hi

somewhere on YouTube today I watched a white Vulcan take off, climb steeply and then perform a barrel roll to starboard as she did so. The commentator was talking about the test pilot thinking the Vulcan was more like a fighter, well that proved it alright. Can't imagine a B52 doing that

Regards

Paul

Shame to here things have slipped buts thats life on a large and complex project, you just have to roll with the punches and keep pushing on. When the success comes it will taste so much the sweeter.

Also saw the Vulcan programme last night. Thought it was great with good footage archive and of 558 in rebuild along with knowledgeable comments from the rebuild team and other contributors.

Keep up the good work guys, patience is a virtue.

Roll on the 2008 season

All the best

MarkC